Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Logo Lock Bag Discontinued... Yes or No??

@keithsmom65 wrote:

This bag is NOT being discontinued. It has sold more than any other bag they have designed. They did just today retire(6) , I think it was 6), colors.

But then they showed 17 NEW colors for spring/summer, etc. 

The inferred this bag is here to stay for a while.I bought one on the very first show when they came out in a leather skin of some type. I mailed it back the next morning because it was too heavy when I put my few items in it and I thought the strap a little too tight to wear it on my shoulder, which is how I like to wear and carry my bags. I think it should have been a bit longer.

and @jaxs mom included a video link... 

Last night when they presented the clearance colors they specifically said, only these clearance colors of the bag are being retired. The video is up right now on A280440

_____

@redhead65 and Jaxs Mom, thank you both for sharing this information. 

I don't happen to like this bag, but I happened be watching a bit of a Dooney show and was surprised to find that this popular bag was being discontinued. I happened to catch a few more snippets of other presentations on this bag and it mainly sounded as though this bag was being retired... but there seemed to be a few teasing tidbits suggesting... well, maybe not. 

I was annoyed just at the idea that, as a consumer, I might be being jerked around. I can't imagine how I would have felt if I had bought one of these bags... only to discover that new colors of this bag were about to be brought in. 

I'm not really sure as to exactly what happened with regard to QVC and Dooney sharing information with the hosts, but the ball sure was dropped. -- For the perspective of having accurate info shared on all QVC products, going forward, hopefully this info communication problem gets corrected... because no one likes to fell as though they are being sold a bill of goods. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

Hi @handygal2!

I checked on A203807 http://www.qvc.com/Dooney-&-Bourke-Leather-Hobo-with-Logo-Lock-and-Accessories.product.A203807.html?... and I do not see that this bag is being discontinued.  Thanks for asking!

Barb 

Customer Care

@Barbara-QVC, thank you so much for getting back to everyone on this. 

As I mentioned in my post just before this one, I happened to watch a few of these presentations and the info shared was vague/contradictory.

Maybe someone at QVC could take a look a number of the short presentations for this bag over the past week, and see what we all have been confused/complaining about. 

It really looks as though the info about this bag was not communicated properly in a number of the presentations. 

Thanks again for all your help!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't think there was any deliberate jerking around. There were clearance colors that were being retired and they had their own item number. And there were new colors with the other full priced bags that have the original item number. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I don't think there was any deliberate jerking around. There were clearance colors that were being retired and they had their own item number. And there were new colors with the other full priced bags that have the original item number. 

@jaxs mom, I tend to agree that it was probably not deliberate jerking around, but extremely vague information still (if unintentionally) would up confusing a number of people. -- If I had bought one of those bags due to the vague/confusing info, I would have been really irritated. Bottom line, I want to know that I am receiving clear information from QVC hosts all the time. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Glad to see @handygal2 that you got an answer over here, because we haven't yet heard back over on our 'Adventures' thread. At this point I guess it's moot. It seemed clear after the weekend's shows that the reports by Shawn and Ashley of this bag's apparent demise were exaggerated...

Woman Wink

Indeed, @stevieb. They need to get their act together. I don't think this would have happened if Sue Clifton were there with Shawn on that particular evening...

I'd suspect you're right about that @handygal2... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...