New Contributor

I wish Don Aslett would offer the large, half round Astro Turf door mat again. I bought one years ago (5' wide) that finally needs to be replaced after many years of exposure to the elements. Held up great and did an amazing job. The wider size looks great on a door with sidelights (a 3' mat looks lost in front of a door with sidelights or double door). I have the smaller mat at the garage door and it does a fantastic job of catching dirt and sand.

Honored Contributor

You could always replace it with a Water Hog mat available at LL Bean as well as other vendors.

I own three of them and I LOVE them.  They work and they do not cause you to trip over them as they lay flat... Even when they are old.

I have ever been able to wear one out.

Respected Contributor

I've used these mats for many years as well, and I have to warn you that what you order now will not be of the same quality.  So disappointing.  Not sure what other companies are out there, but I only have experience with this line. 

Honored Contributor

MomCat wrote:

I've used these mats for many years as well, and I have to warn you that what you order now will not be of the same quality.  So disappointing.  Not sure what other companies are out there, but I only have experience with this line. 

Oh wow.  That was a thought that immediately came to mind for me, in reading the OP.  I was hoping that it might not be true in this case, but I've seen this with sooooo many products.

They sell great quality products (or used to) and they become super popular because they are such great quality, then they start dumbing down the quality - even in the exact same product!   I've had that happen a couple of times.

I also have a couple of the old DS mats and they have been great.  Mine are rectangular but I would love to have a half-round!  Maybe I'll check out the ones that Carmie mentioned.   Thanks for that recommendation.