Valued Contributor

Re: Do you really have to eat everything?

If my job offered me a slice of $50.00 a pound rib eye or lobster tails, I'd pull up a chair.

What bothers me is all the food sitting out. Do they have to open cans of food and dump it on plates, or cook up the whole package of chicken and have that laying around?

I hope someone eats all the stuff they use for each presentation with each vendor. When they show that much food, especially when a food item is the TSV, I just get the feeling it goes to waste.

They show Germack, they open several jars. They show candy, they open several tins. They just keep dumping they stuff out until they move on to another item. 

How many hams do they needs sitting out? It just lookes like a waste of food to me.

Honored Contributor

Those who post here are only a very small pecentage of QVC's customers and those who post complaints are only a small percentage of those who post here.  The bottom line is sales and I don't really think those who make this complaint would actually buy much if anything anyway.  The sales they would loose if the hosts were not allowed to eat and enjoy the food surely would outweigh any lost from those who find eating the food being sold disgusting.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@hondagirl wrote:

One of the hosts some time ago - "Dan" something used to not only sample but eat like he never ate before...During the whole presentation he ate the entire time and did not take a breath...Of the course the host will say great things but only a handful of food items I purchased from QVC were not the best and of course cancelled...Glad to vent...

@hondagirl   Now Dan has retired and is working for a food vendor.  He hasn't adjusted to his new role of just preparing a sample for the host.  He's still shovelling it in his mouth like it was his last meal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Those who post here are only a very small pecentage of QVC's customers and those who post complaints are only a small percentage of those who post here.  The bottom line is sales and I don't really think those who make this complaint would actually buy much if anything anyway.  The sales they would loose if the hosts were not allowed to eat and enjoy the food surely would outweigh any lost from those who find eating the food being sold disgusting.  

You are correct.  A very small number of customers post but the posts are indicative of opinions that do not get posted.  

No one said they should not eat.

Eat or shovel it in?

Lately, I see gluttons - not show hosts.

Trusted Contributor

I agree: What the heck is wrong with show hosts whose only job is to sell we viewers an item and then eating that item and saying YUM! How can they stuff their mouths with that item?! My goodness, will the injustice never end?

I need a moment to myself.

Honored Contributor

Before he inherited that show when Bob left, David was a tall skinny guy.  Since then, he has gotten a wee bit heavier, wouldn’t you say?

I never watch food shows anywhere.  And David’s shows are far too long and on too often.  And he’s eating the whole time.  If I happen to click on the Q and a food show is on, I can’t click the remote fast enough!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Before he inherited that show when Bob left, David was a tall skinny guy.  Since then, he has gotten a wee bit heavier, wouldn’t you say?

I never watch food shows anywhere.  And David’s shows are far too long and on too often.  And he’s eating the whole time.  If I happen to click on the Q and a food show is on, I can’t click the remote fast enough!!

@LilacTree .  Food shows are one of the few shows I watch on QVC! Lol.  Food is a hobby of mine passed down from two generations. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ    LOL.  Good one.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I like the "kitchen" shows, but not the "gourmet holiday/food shows."  The items I ordered in the past were not as presented.  (I did get refunds on those that we couldn't eat.)   I wish they would keep these two types of shows separate.  I know many people like the prepared food and they should be able to watch without seeing Temptations, spatulas, etc.  I like to watch the kitchen shows to see the different small appliances, dishes and gadgets.  I wish they had shows where someone actually cooked.  (I know Stacey has a show, but I usually forget about "the other" channel.)  I know many don't like Wolfgang, but I like to watch him and also Curtis Stone on HSN.  Also, I have been happy with items I have purchased from both of them.