Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you really have to eat everything?

When I tune in and see the hosts feasting on the goodlies it is a reminder for me TO NOT DO THAT.  I am losing weight by choice (hard work) and watching them eat the way they do makes me think of how I would look doing the very same thing.  

Honored Contributor

I can honestly say I have never watched a food show in all the years I used to watch QVC. I order on line and it sounds like a lot of people complaining would be far happier doing the same...

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just me, but I don't watch things that are distasteful, disgusting or disturbing to me unless I am would have to.  Is it a new hobby? 

Honored Contributor

I think it’s a valid complaint and certainly not worthy of mocking. 

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

If I could get free eats I'd stick in pocket and purse.

________

Thanks for making me laugh!  You are too funny!

How about a pocket full of shrimp or crab cakes?  Mmmmm

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock.  Please quit watching food presentations.  You take them way too seriously.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Some people purposefully tune in knowing full well they will react the same way other people react to watching train wrecks and fires, horrified and mesmerized, then they want to talk about how they felt.  A way of staying in touch with themselves then with others through their "interest".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I would see a host taking only one small bite I would think it must not be that good.   How bothersome is this that OP would make a first post!!???  I probably wouldn't order something if that is all a host did.  As for squishing - that's a way to see how tender or soft and the texture is.  It's a food show and not eating  - well they might as well just show a picture of the food and not have the real thing!!!  

Honored Contributor

Yes, they do have to eat everything.  It's a food/cooking show and part of the job.  

Respected Contributor

I am still waiting to see a spit take due to the taste of an item not a comedic response ! Smiley Happy But if that happened I suppose it would be on You-tube anyway.

I like to watch the kitchen shows for the gadgets and small appliances. When they slip in food item after food item I just turn the channel.