Respected Contributor

Re: Do you really have to eat everything?

Yesterday on Gourmet Holiday Alberti was on with Chef Tony hawking pork chops.  Chef Tony was cutting them up and telling Alberti to eat some, and then he invited Antonella to come over.  He said, take any piece you like. So she did and he said oh, you took the biggest one, you can come over to my house anytime!  Which was funny enough, then she said why would I choose a small one?  It was hilariously suggestive and I was bursting out laughing.

Valued Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Eating or sampling?

They are there to sample and then tell us about it.

They are not there to talk with food in their mouths after shoving in huge chunks of food like they are starving.

And while I'm at it, can they please stop squishing everything?

There is a tipping point there, people.

Just stop.

I know I sound petty here, buy why can't you just squish just one cookie, or one candy, please do not waste 5 or 6 pieces doing the same thing over and over again! I get the message, it is chewy!  OK?                                   bamasec

Respected Contributor

The antics with the food is just too much. They have no choice but to say it’s delicious, so then they have to back that up with dancing, rolling eyes, delirious faces, moaning, gasping, and whooping. Between shoveling it in and mimicking throes of passion, I guess the happy dance seems almost mature. Watch it all on mute and it looks like the exaggerated acting used for silent films.

Trusted Contributor

i'd eat it all too.. than not buy it because its all so expensive... all the food things in here may be good,, but i'd never buy it...... than there's shipping and tax on top of the high price

Respected Contributor

I dislike watching people eat on TV.  I might watch a food presentation for a minute or two but I agree w/the OP, and the squishing brings it to a whole new level.  Esp. squishing those burgers or steaks or chops and all the fat n juice pour out.  Yeeeccchh!!!  And they usually do this close up and you can see the threads of fat n grissle marbelizing the meat. 

Just people chewing and licking and smacking their lips and licking their fingers and swallowing and gulping...well u get the picture.  And this could be on any show, not just QVC. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@bonnie f  On food items the shipping is included.  I'm not sure if there is tax charged on food.  I agree that the food prices are too expensive.  Most stores and I'm sure Costco would have similar items much cheaper.   I ordered a few times years ago, but never re-ordered anything as it wasn't that good.  Got refunded on some of the orders as they were not at all as expected.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been locked it is going off topic.