Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you really have to eat everything?

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Maybe the hosts are fasting before hosting, and they are very starving!

@Grouchomarx   I respect your comment, but did you hear Rachel say that they have to taste everything before the show?  She was presenting the crustless quiches and she said she ate almost two ot them before the show.

I can not watch her or Alberti, but did watch online because I wanted to see that item.  So all the gasping over a product like they never had it before is just for show.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx   I respect your comment, but did you hear Rachel say that they have to taste everything before the show?  She was presenting the crustless quiches and she said she ate almost two ot them before the show.

I can not watch her or Alberti, but did watch online because I wanted to see that item.  So all the gasping over a product like they never had it before is just for show.

I did not know that. I only really watch like a minute or two of food shows as I have no intention of buying anything. And I was really only kidding! I often think they must feel so gross after inhaling so much food, especially David, he must eat a lot in those super long shows he does. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, they do. It's their job.

Contributor

Do you really beleive that a Host on QVC who is eating everything will tell you the audience IT IS NOT DELICIOUS.

Their hours are long and no breaks in between.  Let them eat.  They are probably hungry.

Dave is the show off.   One person said they are all adults but David acts like a kid with the goofy faces and his happy dance.   He is annoying at times and his sweet talk to all the elderly ladies.  Honey, deary, sweetie.  I turn him off when he starts and putting his arm around the ladies.   He is very transparent cause he will give a big smile and cut it off so very quick you can tell he is performing.

Can do without his acting during a show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I did not know that. I only really watch like a minute or two of food shows as I have no intention of buying anything. And I was really only kidding! I often think they must feel so gross after inhaling so much food, especially David, he must eat a lot in those super long shows he does. 

@Grouchomarx  Oh, I know you were kidding Smiley Happy  I didn't know that either until Rachel said it.  Have a lovely day Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@bdoby wrote:

Do you really beleive that a Host on QVC who is eating everything will tell you the audience IT IS NOT DELICIOUS.

Their hours are long and no breaks in between.  Let them eat.  They are probably hungry.

Dave is the show off.   One person said they are all adults but David acts like a kid with the goofy faces and his happy dance.   He is annoying at times and his sweet talk to all the elderly ladies.  Honey, deary, sweetie.  I turn him off when he starts and putting his arm around the ladies.   He is very transparent cause he will give a big smile and cut it off so very quick you can tell he is performing.

@bdobyThank you for your honesty, I could not have said it any better.  His behavior has grown old over time and become a major turnoff for me!  Hence I do not watch any of his shows any more, turns my stomach!

Trusted Contributor

@bdoby wrote:

They get a lunch break like anyone else!  They are on the air for a few hours, just like another person would be at their desk for a few hours.

They all eat "lunch" no matter what hours they are there.  All of them can bring meals or snacks in or they can actually leave the building and go to a restaurant.  QVC has a cafeteria and even if it's closed at night, the hosts know to bring something in.

No one ever said or would think a host is going to say something is gross.  What we are talking about is the silly, sometimes disgusting, over acting that is going on.  The yelling, the jumping up and down.  Is that really necessary?  

No.  Never.

The food show I saw today on QVC2 was shockingly awful.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock 

Surely everyone is entitled to an opinion in one venue or another, not necessarily here, but that is a different issue.

Having stated an opinion, it isn’t necessary to then critique every post with which you disagree.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@alarmclock 

Surely everyone is entitled to an opinion in one venue or another, not necessarily here, but that is a different issue.

Having stated an opinion, it isn’t necessary to then critique every post with which you disagree.  

Wonderful advice.

Too bad some just cannot see what irony is.

Have a blessed day.

Honored Contributor

I've seen David's expression when he doesn't know the camera went back to him and sometimes he has a stern look.   Also, he is always correcting everyone and moving every item on the table even if he only moves it an inch or two.  I guess it's his show, but between that and constantly giving numbers left, rearranging, calling for someone to come and take items away, it's getting to be hard to watch.  I've cut way back on how much I watch of his show.  Also, I don't care for his "at home" show or the "FriYay" show.  I wish we would get some good cooking tips on ITKWD, but that doesn't happen often.  Mostly the items he puts together have too much sugar, fat, etc. for me.