Do the models have their clothes altered?

I have been a long time QVC addict......BUT after SEVERAL purchases I have received recently;  they are NOTHING like I saw on tv.  I try to match my size to a model shown, so I can get an idea of how an article might look on me.  I receive my purchase and it is NOTHING like I saw on the presentation.  Over and over this has happened.  Recently even shoes.....I sit on the edge of my seat taking note of every detail AND what I receive......WHERE ARE THESE SHOES COMING  FROM, they are NOTHING like I saw on tv,.....EITHER THEY ARE SO HUGE, or the material is SO HARD (after the Vendor purrs over how soft).  I am going to pay off my easy pays and call it a day.  Has anyone else had this experience??? I can only assume the models are having their clothes altered......

Please don't be mean.  I am really mad at myself for falling for the hype.......

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do the models have their clothes altered?

I thought about it years ago. They might not be altered but a pin here and a pin there might do a difference. 

Honored Contributor

At times you do see large clips holding the clothes closer to the body

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't think the clothes are altered.  I think they pin them.  I know they do that for catalog clothes.  I don't know about the shoes, but I don't see how you could tell about fit on shoes from the TV.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I never pay attention to the models.  They pin, and tuck things on them.  Look at style, and GARMENT MEASUREMENTS.  Size doesn't matter if the measurement is not right.  Still, I've made some bad purchases too.  The shoes are the worst.  I've vowed not to buy shoes on the Q anymore, because of having so many bad ones sent.  Just buy in store, if it's a style you like, go online, look up that specific style, or vendor, and you know how they fit.

Honored Contributor

@Suburb Girl  For me, looking at the models helps me narrow my possibilities, but it's the CLICK HERE measurements that determine what might actually fit me. Don't beat yourself up -  buying clothing from anywhere you can't try them on takes real effort -  and it's a learning experience.

Honored Contributor

I use the click here to make any clothing purchases.  There are only a couple of designers that I might purchase from and once you have  determined your size in their line, I rarely have any problems.  Linea is my go-to and I haven't had any problems with fit, in fact they fit beautifully.  Sorry you have had so many problems,

Honored Contributor

As stated, click here measurements are the way to go.  I don't buy unless I check them first.  Take a garment that fits perfect, measure it.  Then don't buy unless the new garment are those measurements.  I rarely have fit issues with clothing.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

At times you do see large clips holding the clothes closer to the body

In all of my 25+ years of watch QVC I've never seen clips on anyone.  Sort of impossible when they show the back view.  This is common in still photography but impossible on TV.  No, they do not alter clothing.  You have to keep in mind, every one of us is built differently so no model is going to wear clothing exactly like you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Your are picking cothes based on other peoples size?  Pick your size and you will most likely not have such a large amount of problems.  Buy YOUR shoe size, same thing.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)