Honored Contributor

Re: Do away with the hearts!

I posted this in another thread, but it probably makes more sense to have posted it here...

I really appreciate the hearts function: it's fun and helpful, so that's a plus for me. 

Initially I didn't understand the criticism about the hearts design features, but now I think it's sinking in. I'm not trying to speak for other people (because I'm not a mind reader), but I'm wondering if the criticism has to do with the "titles" (Valued, Respected, Honored, etc.) that people acrue. 

Honestly, I don't pay much attention them, because I don't find them useful. If that's the main issue that some people have with them, then why not just remove these monikers and keep the basic hearts function.

Just my two cents...

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

It would be nice if hearts could be collected and redeemed for discounts on QVC merchandise.

EXCELLENT idea .... and just for emphasis, I'm going to give you THREE hearts !

Heart    Heart     Heart

LOL

LOL, and you think the beyotching about the amount of hearts people are receiving (or not receiving) is bad now, add in the fact that you could trade them in for goodies or discounts and it would be a constant complaint fest on the forums! lololol. I can see it now- people would be asking others to heart their posts just as desperately as the hosts beg people to "like" them on facebook, lolol.

Trusted Contributor

I think it's funny when people, who say they don't like the hearts, heart the posts of other people, who say they don't like the hearts.

It does not seem heartfelt to heart someone, who does not want to be hearted. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sailor moon wrote:

I think it's funny when people, who say they don't like the hearts, heart the posts of other people, who say they don't like the hearts.

I hearted you... couldn't stop myself... didn't even try to.Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

hahah, now THAT is funny!

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

hahah, now THAT is funny!

Also a little ironic. lol

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@sailor moon wrote:

I hearted you... couldn't stop myself... didn't even try to.Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

I hearted you back, bebe❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕💕💕💕💜💛💚💙💟💗

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

It would be nice if hearts could be collected and redeemed for discounts on QVC merchandise.

EXCELLENT idea .... and just for emphasis, I'm going to give you THREE hearts !

Heart    Heart     Heart

LOL

LOL, and you think the beyotching about the amount of hearts people are receiving (or not receiving) is bad now, add in the fact that you could trade them in for goodies or discounts and it would be a constant complaint fest on the forums! lololol. I can see it now- people would be asking others to heart their posts just as desperately as the hosts beg people to "like" them on facebook, lolol.

That's so funny.  I wrote what I thought were two pretty good posts yesterday but hadn't received any hearts.  (Now I see one of those threads got removed,)  Anyway, I woke up this morning thinking about beginning a thread to ask for hearts (all tongue-in-cheek, of course).  Even so, I decided against it.  A bit much, I think!!

There's a difference between liking your own work product and begging for acclamation!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Spoiler
I very much agree!!
Honored Contributor

I guess I hadn't noticed the hearts.  What are they for?