Contributor

Re: Do We Really Need Two Hosts and a Vendor

Lately I have noticed that the camera people must be new!

3 people talking about a product and the product is NOT being shown!

This summer the camera is on the three some and we do not know the colors

or what details they may be talking about in their ramblings.

We know what the hosts look like - the product should be focused. OR is there

a reason QVC does NOT want us to look at the product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bcherry01 wrote:

Trying to out talk each other?  No.  As a constant viewer, it's much more relaxing with one host and the vendor.  Right now we have Jane trying to yell out messages to her family to place an order for her, then Courtney yelling and speaking three octaves higher than Jane, and Isaac yelling "like right, like for sure, like you really need this in every color ..."

The entire show is just plain annoying, as a viewer.

@bcherry01 

Well said!  These "host buddy shows" just lead to over the top silliness and turn into a gigglefest and its like watching a personal talk show.....meanwhile the products are ignored (about the only thing they even mention about the fashions are the colors which they go over AD NAUSEUM!!!! )---- nothing is said about whether the item fits true to size or if you need to size up or down,  no mention of the fabric and care, and styling tips. The models are shown less and less instead its the hosts that love to "play model" giving them even more opportunity to talk about THEMSELVES!!!!  And the outfits these hosts put together look TERRIBLE! I want the host to show personality, but they've taken it over the top..ENOUGH IS ENOUGH---Many viewers have talked about how they end up turning the channel!!!

Leah, Jayne Brown, Katrina, and Mary Beth are the best with fashion!!! Carolyn is also good but she wears her clothes too tight....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Agree, especially with the Gourmet Holiday shows where the hosts compete for air time by screaming at each other from off camera.   

One at a time PLEASE.   Or is this this a desperate competition?

Courtney wants to be in CONTROL.  

@bcherry01 

I used to like Courtney but she's really gotten self-focused and out of control.  Now she's more about having a good time and the products are an after thought...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Have you seen Vanessa's role on Fri night with SK ? I watched a few minutes on a replay and Vanessa is relegated to the role of  operating  the computer for chat and smiling like she's a beauty Queen on a parade float . SK must have alot of clout .

That isn't anything new....they did that to Katie McGee and other qualified hosts a while back which just seemed

demeaning after they were experienced hosts.........I have seen Vanessa, wasn't that impressed....but at least she is a newbie......its more insulting for the experienced hosts to be put in that position.  Wish QVC would have brought back some of the hosts who were laid off around the time of the pandemic as opposed to this new crop

of hosts....their choices aren't improving things.

@kelsey17 

I totally agree about Katie McGee I thought she was an EXCELLENT host....but she got the "career death sentence" by putting her on very late at night with reruns of leftover products which had been presented numerous times, or regulating her to social media host...

QVC started laying off hosts way before the pandemic....it started when QVC did away with the Beauty Channel, and also did away with much of the Q2 live programing and turned to reruns instead and admitted this was an experiment.....But QVC found that less and less people were watching Q2 reruns so they started adding back more live programs on the air, so they needed more hosts....and then went through the process of hiring more hosts all over again!!! SMH!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

As a rule, no! OMG - it gives me a headache. I don't mind Courtney and Shawn, if they have their own space. But even 2 vendors is annoying. Last night watching Shawn With Kim, and her sidekick was very overwhelming. They all talk at once. I for one would like to see them come back into the studio, one on one, social distancing. I can't stand the vendor talking via zoom or FaceTime.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Stop watching! Stop complaining!

It's clearly a strategy that is working and moving product- if it were not, it would not continue. The complaints here are miniscule compare to THOUSANDS of orders placed!

What don't you all understand????

Good grief!

If you check out QURATE (QVC's) financial reports you'd see how their sales and revenue have been declining for several years prior to the pandemic...(all the info and quarterly financial presentations can be found on the LibertyInteractive website, which is the parent company of Qurate).. The pandemic actually helped to bring up QVC's sales and revenues when people were quarantined and watching more TV and ordering even more online...But with more States opening up QVC's future is  cloudy once again....As more and more people have stated they are now watching and buying less than they used to!!!..

Customer feedback is important...It's just like when retailers send out surveys---- not every customer responds, so they go by the feedback they DID receive from a small sampling of customers....just like the feedback QVC receives here on the Forums and Facebook Pages and QVC's own surveys....."The squeaky wheel gets the oil" as the saying goes....especially when Q's financial results arent golden....

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Even a successful selling strategy can be fine tuned. QVC has provided categories that invite observations on their business from merchandise categories and specific brands to general operational issues. If customers are not enjoying a particular presentation format, this is feedback QVC can consider. 

@SunValley 

👍 👏👏...well said, companies must adjust with the times to stay competitive and remain in business...maintaining the "status quo" is not a good strategy.............

New Contributor

Shaun is never fine EVER she's a thirsty attention seeker. Always interupts g everyone to keep the spotlight on her
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

lemondropcookie said: "what's even worse is having two annoying hosts together at one time"

I agree and it's so strange.  There are 2 hosts, each talking, taking turns or talking over each other.  One shows the food, the other eats the food or both show and eat the food.  They both touch it all to claim it or one packs it all up to take with while the other presents it, lol.  Some eat at every presentation or just some and lots of it or just a few bites and only once in a while.  One laughs and makes too many noises while the other makes faces and smiles too much. Some hosts spend so much time goofing off and talking nonsense that they barely talk about the product(s).  Strange and confusing, hard to follow too.

I prefer just one host.  Lately, even the vendors barely get to speak or the host asks them to speak so they can eat.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

I saw one Gourmet Holiday show that had only one host.....I think it was Mary Beth.  She carried the whole 3 or 4 hour show by herself and did it with grace and it was so nice to hear just her and not another goofball in the background.  It can be done!!

Besides her, let us have some other hosts on the GH shows who act professional and not like two year olds.