Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do We Really Need Two Hosts and a Vendor

@PJKuhnny wrote:

Not to mention that two hosts are getting paid, instead of just having one.  Maybe the costs of some items could be lowered if they didn't have two hosts on together.  Some just yell over one another vying for position.....almost seems like a competition who can be the most annoying!

@PJKuhnny 

I find the two hosts and a vendor annoying, but just for clarification. The hosts are salaried employees under contract. 

Trusted Contributor

The problem as I see it ,is the host describes the item,shows all the colors,and then she ask the vendor to say something about the product,the vendor repeats what the host says,,the host will interupt  vendor to tell us they are running out of a certan item,has to repeat the colors,then back to the vendor who just repeats what the host says,it is ridiculous why not give it to the vendor right away?or don't have one,the vendor knows her product,let her do her job..

Super Contributor

I think it chaotic with two hosts and a vendor.  Too much over-talking.   It is especially annoying when the voice of the host who is not on the screen is heard.  The whole "Skyping" thing makes it even worse because of the delay and connection issues.  Everything is choppy.  Is this necessary at this point?

Esteemed Contributor

Cannot watch Jane & Courtney screaming over each other. Then we have to hear where Jane's daughter & everyone in the family lives, does, buys, etc.  I grew up at Disneyland as a kid so don't need Jane's silly antics.

Contributor

Well I really prefer certain hosts, as everyone does I'm sure.  When my hosts are on, I will watch their shows.  Period.  I agree that I don't want to hear about their spouses, children, etc....just want to get all of the pertinent info regarding the item that is on the show in "real time."

I reiterate, you have the power to change the channel or walk away from watching.  I suggest you look ahead at what shows are upcoming and then you can filter out what you are going to watch.

I love the Q....but I also watch HSN as well.  

I will continue to....

fave hosts:

Carolyn G.

Jenn C.

Leah W. 

Terri  C.

Albertie P

Spoiler
Heart

Trusted Contributor

I prefer having one good host to the vendor. I’m not into watching them on Skype, it’s not appealing. Two hosts is annoying and unnecessary. I would prefer that WVC spends their money on someone to put the videos on the description page. This morning five items that have been presented at least a week ago only have that horrible silent video of the model in the white room that blanches the colors. Can’t management see? Are they that dense? Well they are losing potential sales by doing that, at least with me.
Regular Contributor

Don't understand why the vendor isn't in the studio if you can have 2 hosts.
Honored Contributor

@brcala wrote:
Don't understand why the vendor isn't in the studio if you can have 2 hosts.

@brcala  How far does the vendor live from QVC? Maybe it involves flying and with the way things are today it isn't worth it. Who know?

Trusted Contributor

It's like a circus when there are two hosts plus anyone else.You can not hear what is saying they get silly then I turn it off.

Trusted Contributor

You can be guaranteed with 2 hosts and a vendor, that no pertinent information about the clothing item will be given. All they end up doing his blah blah blah about nothing