Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do We Really Need Two Hosts and a Vendor

@skatting44 wrote:

Have you seen Vanessa's role on Fri night with SK ? I watched a few minutes on a replay and Vanessa is relegated to the role of  operating  the computer for chat and smiling like she's a beauty Queen on a parade float . SK must have alot of clout .

That isn't anything new....they did that to Katie McGee and other qualified hosts a while back which just seemed

demeaning after they were experienced hosts.........I have seen Vanessa, wasn't that impressed....but at least she is a newbie......its more insulting for the experienced hosts to be put in that position.  Wish QVC would have brought back some of the hosts who were laid off around the time of the pandemic as opposed to this new crop

of hosts....their choices aren't improving things.

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Have you seen Vanessa's role on Fri night with SK ? I watched a few minutes on a replay and Vanessa is relegated to the role of  operating  the computer for chat and smiling like she's a beauty Queen on a parade float . SK must have alot of clout .

Vanessa is new and certainly not on par yet with other co hosts Shawn has had (Courtney and Leah).    I seem to remember other hosts in training operating the online media chat while on air with the host.   It has been part of the training for past hosts and does NOT reflect on Shawn at all.   She doesn't make those kind of decisions, anyway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only thinking that they possibly are trying to keep as many favorite hosts as possible.

Could be that they are salary sharing on each show.  Co-hosting, maybe each host at a reduced salary.

Happened to a few people I knew years ago.  Maybe in the eighties?

Sharing one position, splitting the salary.

They didn't mind at all, as I recall.  Again, if I correctly recall, they approached their company, asking to share one position.  Rather than being 'laid off'. 

Anyway, I do like two hosts sharing a show.  I like the energy, etc. 

Much better, imo, than only one host.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Stop watching! Stop complaining!

It's clearly a strategy that is working and moving product- if it were not, it would not continue. The complaints here are miniscule compare to THOUSANDS of orders placed!

What don't you all understand????

Good grief!

Esteemed Contributor

The concept of two hosts works when the two hosts compliment each other like Jayne Brown and Pat, Pat and Dan. 

With the FriYay concept, the hosts have to try too hard to pretend like they're have a grand time- just kicking back. 

Jane Treacy works the best paired with David.

Courtney K. works best alone or as a sidekick.

Having the vendors (to me) is an annoyance.  If it is a brand new product being introduced, then you may want to introduce the vendor.  If it something which is sold on a weekly basis, if not daily, then no; the vendor is merely a distraction.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree, that Vanessa is not ready on her own from what I saw when she was  presenting all by herself . She needs to enounciate  more .

That being said what I saw was when the camera was on her and it was supposed to be her turn to talk , SK let her say abt 1 word than just  talked over her.  Yes, as you stated  other hosts were put in that position such as  Elise and Antonella . I do not like the pairing of  Leah with SK. Leah gets  drowned out.

Respected Contributor

Even a successful selling strategy can be fine tuned. QVC has provided categories that invite observations on their business from merchandise categories and specific brands to general operational issues. If customers are not enjoying a particular presentation format, this is feedback QVC can consider. 

Esteemed Contributor

I only watch sometimes. Mostly I just look at QVC by Internet and see choices in AS IS or clearance.  But I know what I am looking for before I check products.  As for the hosts and vendors, it really seems like it has gotten out of hand.  They seem full of themselves. Selling is their game.  My pet peeve is the cosmetics when they try to peddle wrinkle eraser products of all kinds. And they have obvious signs of cosmetic surgery... bulging lips and cheeks that shine.  Certainly not what I would want to look like at any age.  

Frequent Contributor

Did the 2 host thing seem to take off more during COVID? They were only operating really one station live for awhile so needed to make use of the hosts some how? It just seemed like a new approach to everyone staying at home and watching tv…try to make it entertaining. Pajamas, wine, girls nights, but I feel like it’s getting old.
Regular Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Stop watching! Stop complaining!

It's clearly a strategy that is working and moving product- if it were not, it would not continue. The complaints here are miniscule compare to THOUSANDS of orders placed!

What don't you all understand????

Good grief!

Why don't you just bypass opinions which upset you?  You seem to be quite a complainer yourself  - join the club lol.