Honored Contributor

Re: Do We Get Taller As We Get Fatter?????

I hate long tops. I like mine to fit right below the hip. When they are too long you end up sitting on them which is not comfy. If I wear a top that's too long I end up pulling it up before I sit down.

Trusted Contributor

If they don't make the plus size tops longer they won't look good on all the plus size 5'9" tall models.  Heaven forbid they have models who fit the American average of 5'4' who wears an XL or even a large.

Years ago Garfield said it best.  "I am not over weight.  I am under tall.".    That's me and I'm sticking to it.  How dare my doctors scales argue with me.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

No, but sometimes we get bigger in the middle so we need a bit more coverage, just speaking for myself.

Bazinga. That's exactly why manufacturers make plus-sized tops slightly longer. It's not QVC at all, it's most companies that make plus-sized clothes. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I've seen teenagers and young adult women wear very long tops and they are built rail thin yet they look great in them.  I mean some of these tops were practically down to their knees and they were wearing them over long pants such as jeans casually walking through the shopping mall...in the middle of the summer.  Not my style but a real eye opener that yes it does seem like this is what most manufacturers are making now. 

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I don't know about you, but I don't get taller as I get fatter.  QVC sizes their garments as if this were true.  If you buy a T-shirt in a 1X, it's going to be LONGER than if you buy it in a medium.  WHY IS THIS THE PRACTICE WITH QVC SIZING???????????

And the larger the size the bigger the neck!  You'd think people who wear a larger size also had necks like football players.

Regular Contributor

I don't think this is just QVC either.  I never understood why if you get a plus size the top is so much longer.  I don't need it longer - I need it wider.  This has never made sense me.  If it is longer than 31" I don't order it because that is about as far as I can go and it depends on the pattern of the top.

Regular Contributor

@CalminHeartOr on a hooded coat/jacket/hoodie - everyone has a different size head but on the plus size jackets they are huge.  I can never wear the hood on a coat or jacket because it covers not only the back of my head but the front too!

Honored Contributor

The garment manufacturers are trying to take into account the fact that someone's girth will make the garment shorter because it fills and pulls the garment.  When you lose a substantial amount of weight you'll notice pants getting longer and tops/sleeves and overall length getting longer as well.  I agree that they don't have to take all this into account. I've also been very disapointed in selecting my size and having it be too big in the bust and too long....

And I agree re the hooded pieces.... I only buy coats with hoods and having a hood reach my nose is disappointing....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

THis is why I shop,at Talbots and buy Woman Petite sizes.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@fortune wrote:

I don't know about you, but I don't get taller as I get fatter.  QVC sizes their garments as if this were true.  If you buy a T-shirt in a 1X, it's going to be LONGER than if you buy it in a medium.  WHY IS THIS THE PRACTICE WITH QVC SIZING???????????

And the larger the size the bigger the neck!  You'd think people who wear a larger size also had necks like football players.

@CalminHeart

I know just what you mean, Calmin!  Now that I'm a 1X, my neck is 24" wide!!!