Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dispense with the downers.

Nothing will happen to change it but I am sick of hearing it as well. How many times can you say  "This is the world we live in", or "This is the life we live" with the lowered compassionate tone whenever it's brought up. Ughhh...

Yes, we are living it so we really do not need to hear that particular sales pitch ad nauseam. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm going to tell you what we always hear when any of us complain about the Q's message.  1.  You watch too much. 2. Don't pay attention to it 3.  It's just a sales tactic 4. Take a walk etc.  Obviously, this particular message resonates with many, and must translate into sales.

@QVCkitty1  I agree 100% with @Maggie Nolia  comments and have solved the issue for myself by not watching QVC!  If I need something I may check on the web site to see if they have it but usually buy elseware.  I choose not to watch salespeople use a pandemic as a sales tactic.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are merely echoing an undeniable, societal fact. It IS our " new normal" in "these uncertain times". I jest, but think it does make them relatable.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

They are merely echoing an undeniable, societal fact. It IS our " new normal" in "these uncertain times".😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Yes, & we're tired of it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ahoymate wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

They are merely echoing an undeniable, societal fact. It IS our " new normal" in "these uncertain times".😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Yes, & we're tired of it!

@ahoymate I was editing my post, as you were posting yours. While It is a non issue for me, I can certainly understand the converse perspective of others.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Not mentioning it is not going to make it go away.  It's here and our reality for the time being!

Honored Contributor

It is part of my life, with me, I don't need to be reminded, but then not mentioning doesn't keep me from being aware of it either.  

For me, it doesn't go away. 

Respected Contributor

I want to say Thank you to the OP and I couldn't agree more!  I too get tired of every host using the pandemic as a selling point.  It's gotten ridiculous.  I mean, they could be selling a ball-point pen and will say in the spiel,  "because of the times we're in right now, you need this!."     Everything they sell,  they say it.  Am so tired of,  "since we're all home more now..."  UGH!

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Not mentioning it is not going to make it go away.  It's here and our reality for the time being!

True, but do they have to use it to sell EVERY item?

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia  Well said and I fully agree with you. It's become offensive and it's not just them. I'm completely done hearing the adage 'these times' as an excuse for selling. I have absolutely no respect for entities using this sort of ploy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...