Honored Contributor

Re: Dispense with the downers.

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

We are all tired of the pandemic but it isn't going away. Not hearing about it won't make it go away.  Just deal with it and do the right thing to protect yourself and others.  

You're correct. Not hearing about the virus won't make it go away. But neither will the daily deluge of gloom and doom that is prevalent from a group of posters here. Shouldn't they be told to "deal with it" as well? Or is it okay if that's your side of the coin? 

@FrostyBabe1  It's endless and like they just can't get enough. It's also redundant and accomplishes nothing visible to the naked eye... I've avoided certain forums and threads for weeks now because of it and will continue to do so. Moreover, if I wanted to read what often amount to medical journals I could do so without coming here... But you're right, it all depends on your preferred side of the, uh, coin...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Maybe they keep talking about it since they got a lot of masks, hand sanitizer, if light machines to sell.

Super Contributor

I change the channel.

Super Contributor

It is not a problem for the vast majority of people. It's a non issue.Re: Dispense with the downer

People are living their lives without complying because there is no health emergency.  Stay healthy by taking vitamin D3, C, zinc, omega 3. Exercise. Limit sweets. That's it. Go back to work and visit grandma. And grandma do what you want.  We are not responsible for anyone who contracts it. And I wouldn't blame anyone if I got it. By now we know how to take care if yourselves.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, it's a downer.  Dying is a downer too. 256,000 Americans would agree, if they could, that Covid-19 is a downer.  So, "Dispense with the downers."  It boggles my mind that we have a cavalier attitude about our family members, friends, neighbors and acquaintances.

Valued Contributor

I'm guessing none of them think they are being downers. They want to come off as supportive, genuine, concerned-like friends and family would. However, they are not our friends and family. People shop to escape and to think about something else so they don't have to think about what's bothering them. I don't watch the news either. Maybe about 15 mins. Of HLN Express in the morning and that's it. Enough to know what's going on and to stay grounded in reality. I watch sports for entertainment and when I watch QVC, it's also for "entertainment". And since the Covid comments keep coming, I don't watch. 

Super Contributor

It gets old hearing "our current situation" and "we're all spending more time at home" I hardly think so.  Some of  us are still out in world trying to make a living.  Don't get me started about "new normal" ugh.  Q is my escape not reminder of Covid craziness.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

We are all tired of the pandemic but it isn't going away. Not hearing about it won't make it go away.  Just deal with it and do the right thing to protect yourself and others.  

You're correct. Not hearing about the virus won't make it go away. But neither will the daily deluge of gloom and doom that is prevalent from a group of posters here. Shouldn't they be told to "deal with it" as well? Or is it okay if that's your side of the coin? 

My post may have sounded harsh, sorry.  I'm beyond fed up with people who think it's a joke or ignore basic mitigation such as masks and social distancing and it can show in my responses to related issues.

Respected Contributor

Re: It is not a problem for the vast majority of people. It's a non issue.Re: Dispense with the down

@mjmm wrote:

People are living their lives without complying because there is no health emergency.  Stay healthy by taking vitamin D3, C, zinc, omega 3. Exercise. Limit sweets. That's it. Go back to work and visit grandma. And grandma do what you want.  We are not responsible for anyone who contracts it. And I wouldn't blame anyone if I got it. By now we know how to take care if yourselves.

omg

Honored Contributor

Re: It is not a problem for the vast majority of people. It's a non issue.Re: Dispense with the down

[ Edited ]

@mjmm wrote:

You are indeed responsible for anyone who contracts covid from you if you don't wear a mask and social distance.  Rationalize all you want but there is no excuse since science tells us your approach is dead wrong.  It's astounding how little you seem to care about anyone else, especially the elderly.