Valued Contributor

The hosts' constant references to what we've all been going through this year, the world today and restrictions, however they veil it.  There probably isn't a person alive who hasn't lived it and doesn't really require or enjoy constant reminding and would prefer to do without that negativity.  Sounds like a broken record.  Stop indulging in it.  Instead, be a respite from it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dispense with the downers.

AHHHH YES.

IT HAS BECOME OVERWHELMINGLY BORING AND ALARMIST AT THE SAME TIME.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

The hosts' constant references to what we've all been going through this year, the world today and restrictions, however they veil it.  There probably isn't a person alive who hasn't lived it and doesn't really require or enjoy constant reminding and would prefer to do without that negativity.  Sounds like a broken record.  Stop indulging in it.  Instead, be a respite from it.

@Maggie Nolia   Man I totally agree.  It is something we need to escape from once in awhile.  So glad you posted this because I am getting tired of it also.  

Valued Contributor

Every single host makes at least one reference to it.

Honored Contributor

It's QVC's tactic of "we're all in this together" to develop a shared, relatable condition as a sales ploy. "Hey, things are bad, we know, but you can make yourself feel better by placing that order!" 

Trusted Contributor

@Re: Dispense with the downers.

Thank you Maggie.  I agree 100%.   We need an escape not a daily reminder.  

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia  Your words were a welcomed sight.

I keep QVC on all of the time as background noise at both ends of my house.  

I don't need to be reminded by QVC hosts about what's going on in the world today.

I do my best to avoid the news.  I can't do anything about it so I avoid it.

My daughter, when she stayed with me, used Hallmark stories on the TV to get her mind off of the angst going happening all around us.

I don't mind Hallmark but after awhile it gets tiresome.  That's where QVC comes in.

Anyway @Maggie Nolia thanks for putting into a post something I've thought about but didn't know how to address it.  

You did good!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm going to tell you what we always hear when any of us complain about the Q's message.  1.  You watch too much. 2. Don't pay attention to it 3.  It's just a sales tactic 4. Take a walk etc.  Obviously, this particular message resonates with many, and must translate into sales.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I doubt there is any solution to this. I don't think they will be stopping anytime soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

It's QVC's tactic of "we're all in this together" to develop a shared, relatable condition as a sales ploy. "Hey, things are bad, we know, but you can make yourself feel better by placing that order!" 

@GenXmuse  I find that sad because so many are out of work and having a rough time.  They can't afford to buy , so that probably makes it worse.