Occasional Contributor

Dirty Nails During Food Presentations

I would like to suggest that vendors/hosts presenting food products make sure their nails and manicures are fresh and CLEAN.

That camera gets really close to those nails and to see the nasty dirty ridges on the fake nails of some of the presentors is just gross. Even my husband walked in on a presentation the other day and exclaimed, look how dirty her nails are (I think this was the Rastelli daughter presenting fish)! 

Thanks for allowing me to post this here. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dirty Nails During Food Presentations

@blossomlady wrote:

I would like to suggest that vendors/hosts presenting food products make sure their nails and manicures are fresh and CLEAN.

That camera gets really close to those nails and to see the nasty dirty ridges on the fake nails of some of the presentors is just gross. Even my husband walked in on a presentation the other day and exclaimed, look how dirty her nails are (I think this was the Rastelli daughter presenting fish)! 

Thanks for allowing me to post this here. 

Ewwww.........................

Regular Contributor

Judaline beat me to it!!

Honored Contributor

How about wearing plastic gloves?

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 

I'll drink to that! I have never understood why that hasn't always been the case with all that squeezing and squishing they find necessary. Not only is it disgusting to see ragged nails or ragged cuticles as well as crud under the nails, it also detracts from making the food look appetizing. Even the folks who set up taste testing stations at BJ's always have gloves on. At mine anyway. 

Honored Contributor

@blossomlady ...........what you see is not dirty nails.  That is "real" nails growing out.  Your real nails are not white but yellow and show against the white fake nails.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, I have had acrylic nails and I agree with what you said, but there is definitely "crud" between the acrylic nail and the new nail growth! Love @Group 5 minus 1's suggestion of wearing gloves and totally agree with the OP!
Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 

I'll drink to that! I have never understood why that hasn't always been the case with all that squeezing and squishing they find necessary. Not only is it disgusting to see ragged nails or ragged cuticles as well as crud under the nails, it also detracts from making the food look appetizing. Even the folks who set up taste testing stations at BJ's always have gloves on. At mine anyway. 

why on earth would they be wearing gloves, when they are not actually serving the food to anyone?   i agree tho, that the nails, etc should be clean and look manicured.  if it is the vendor with the ugly hands, it's on them. they are the one representing to product..

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloo, to me, it's just the whole concept of "when you are handling food, gloves should be worn" sanitary thing! And maybe the hosts/vendors would even prefer gloves to getting food all over their hands(especially the messy/sticky/greasy food items. JMO
Esteemed Contributor

There is no reason for the hosts or vendors to wear gloves when they are not serving food.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.