Super Contributor

Did you know 2 lipsticks can fit in the same envelope?

It's a shame these silly coy sales tactics have to be called out by your customers. Two lipsticks of the same exact brand and they are shipped seperately. I cant even wrap my mind around who or why you would want to be so backwards. More trash, more chance of loss, more to stuff in the mailbox, just more dumb. More POSTAGE, more profit? Badabing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did you know 2 lipsticks can fit in the same envelope?

[ Edited ]

Gee, most of the recent gripes have been that two or more items were shipped together.  I wish people would decide what they want.  Perhaps lipsticks in two different colors were not available in the same warehouse?

How is shipping separately a silly, coy, sales tactic?  I fail to see a correlation.  It's more of an inconvenience and expense to them than it is to you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They should follow Zulily and have a shopping cart approach.  Same product  or like product should be sent together for the same day or same weekend.  Works, really it does.  

Respected Contributor

It's not like they are shipping from a one car garage. They have multiple huge warehouses. Those 2 lipsticks might originate from  places miles from each other. Even in different cities. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

QVC for years has had the most wasteful shipping practices - I have received small items sent in a box that could fit my dog's 30 lb bag of food! 

Honored Contributor

There was an article about this very kind of thing in the financial news over the summer, but it was about how Amazon is pushing its vendors to market their products in only a few package sizes so their warehouses can be more and morre automated and Amazon can use more and more robots.  Very expensive to get set up, but as they shed employees, they'll get their dollars back.

As for why those 2 lipsticks came in 2 packages, we'd have to see the order form that the warehouse workers get and we'd need to know how the product is organized in that warehouse. Just because we order 2 or 3 items at the same time doesn't mean one warehouse employee fills that whole order.  Wonder if the company knows which warehouse employee filled the orders?

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

They should follow Zulily and have a shopping cart approach.  Same product  or like product should be sent together for the same day or same weekend.  Works, really it does.  

I mean, it also takes Zulily up to 3 weeks to ship many things, so "works, really it does" is kind of questionable.

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

It's not like they are shipping from a one car garage. They have multiple huge warehouses. Those 2 lipsticks might originate from  places miles from each other. Even in different cities. 

This seems to be the issue in many cases.

And it's not just QVC. I once ordered two bottles of Deborah Lippmann nail polish from Nordstrom. Imagine my surprise when two boot boxes appeared on my doorstep, each large boot box containing one .5 oz bottle of nail polish and yards of paper packing material.

Respected Contributor

My gripe is I recently received an item the size of a lipstick (not from the Q) that came in a huge box. That I don't get.