Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@granney she  "Seniors like me, we don't have printers."

Why not?  I don't understand your "senior like me" comment.  Are you disabled in some way?

FWIW:  My healthy 99 yr young mother has 2 printers!

@Mz iMac Have some compassion for people who never worked with computers, never had ones, don't have friends or family that can help, or simply don't have the funds to buy one.  When you are not familiar with technology, it is daunting, especially older people.

They need some compassion, encouragement, and help from people rather than some derision. Your mom is fortunate.  Some are not. I don't think civic groups or churches do as much as they could for the need here. 

Honored Contributor

I wish someone would give this senior (me)  some compassion and encouragement.  I've got two brand new printers, a Canon and a HP, and I can't get either to print.  I've spent countless hours fooling with them.  I'm usually pretty good at installing such things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Why not?  I don't understand your "senior like me" comment.  Are you disabled in some way?

@Mz iMac Have some compassion for people who never worked with computers, never had ones, don't have friends or family that can help, or simply don't have the funds to buy one.  When you are not familiar with technology, it is daunting, especially older people.

They need some compassion, encouragement, and help from people rather than some derision. Your mom is fortunate.  Some are not. I don't think civic groups or churches do as much as they could for the need here. 

@Sooner Thank you for your reply to this post.  My Mom (rip) was not stupid or lazy.  But she had no interest in learning how to use a computer or even a cell phone.  She got by just fine without either.  Electronics can be very frustrating, so why put yourself through that aggrivation if you don't need to?  Many older people want to be up on everything.  Others are satisfied doing things as they always have, and that is okay too.  They have earned the right to be that way.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac 

Give her a break.

Not everyone is into computers and if she never had a need for a printer, why should she have to buy one?

Maybe she's not that "healthy" like your 99 y.o. Mom is, count your blessings.

A decent printer is not cheap!

Honored Contributor

Carolyn isn't coming back. She's moved on. I wouldn't want to go back to a company that let me go and I doubt she would either.

If you have a gripe, look at big corporations who let older or longtime workers go every day. They can pay a young person less for the same job and get out of having to deal with retiree benefits. It's all about profits, not people, for big corporations.

Hosts are paid to do what they're told, which some like and others don't like.  have no idea what boots or trying to act like they know what's happening has to do with this. 

Shop around. I can find everything I want elsewhere for less money, free shipping, almost always free returns, and with better promo codes than Q has ever offered.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wish someone would give this senior (me)  some compassion and encouragement.  I've got two brand new printers, a Canon and a HP, and I can't get either to print.  I've spent countless hours fooling with them.  I'm usually pretty good at installing such things.

I know what you mean. I bought a printer last summer and had so much trouble that I called the Geek Squad who set it up for a few dollars. Most printers aren't easy to set up anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Some people (at a lot of ages) deal well with electronics and others don't. Either is ok. A little empathy would be nicer than snark.

Esteemed Contributor

Jayne's doing okay job with Gary.  They have that  " music and dancing gimmick "  rather than the  squirrel gimmick.

Honored Contributor

I much prefer Jayne B.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I call Best Buy to send a tech out, not sure about setting up computers or printers for that matter. At least they won't mess things up, lol.