Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim & Co.

[ Edited ]

@ugabugabooooo wrote:

I second that!  I have a heavy calf and need the boot cut.  The straight leg just doesn't look as good on me. 

--------------

Also there are certain body shapes that are not flattered by tight slender legs. The slender pant legs only look good on the slender ladies.  Anyone with a curvy, full body looks out of balance.  

I remember that Q designer that use sell leather goods...Bradley something.  Will never forget...he said that tighter legs on a curvy, full body make her look like an ice cream cone or an upside down triangle.  Smaller tight bottom half just calls attention to a fuller, wider top half....

Trusted Contributor
@chlema, well, they better bring in some high fashion items then, LOL!! But that designer really has gotten quite pricey. I watched a Denim & Co show last night and ordered an elbow length top that was on clearance for around $18.00. That seemed reasonable enough.
Respected Contributor

@corita 

The designer you mention is Bradley Bayou.  You never hear anything about him anymore.  He was a good designer.  I have a great, bright blue suede coat from his collection.  Bayou is gone. George Simington is gone, C Wonder is gone...all good designers with good quality items at reasonable prices.  I wonder if Linea is the next to go. We will be left with the likes of LOGO and G.I.L.I. and Rachel Hollis and Cuddle Duds and Anybody....oh well, I'm admitting my dislikes...and all those really casual brands that just look sloppy to me.  I do purchase D & C and Isaac and Susan Graver.  I'm not fashion forward, but I do like to look neat, clean and put together!

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@corita 

The designer you mention is Bradley Bayou.  You never hear anything about him anymore.  He was a good designer.  I have a great, bright blue suede coat from his collection.  Bayou is gone. George Simington is gone, C Wonder is gone...all good designers with good quality items at reasonable prices.  I wonder if Linea is the next to go. We will be left with the likes of LOGO and G.I.L.I. and Rachel Hollis and Cuddle Duds and Anybody....oh well, I'm admitting my dislikes...and all those really casual brands that just look sloppy to me.  I do purchase D & C and Isaac and Susan Graver.  I'm not fashion forward, but I do like to look neat, clean and put together!

-------------

That is right!!  I have a great, kind of barn leather jacket designed by him. Wore to work almost everyday during fall and winter for about six plus years.  It is looking a bit worn now though.... 

PS - we have very mild winters here...rarely gets below 30 degrees. If it snows, it is gone by noon!! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I agree!  Bring back the bootcut leggings!  Nothing but skinny legs and they are not flattering on me.  

Trusted Contributor
I love their boot-cut jeans! Unfortunately I don't have the figure to wear leggings of any kind! Sigh!!