Contributor

I am a big busted, full size person so this is not a slight to the larger models. This is about proper fit. When you demonstrate fashion please have the models where things that fit properly, not just go by their QVC size. It looks terrible when the model is wearing something that pulls at the bust, is so cropped that they have to keep pulling down at the bottom to cover their stomach or they won't show the back because it is clinging in the rear. If they aren't comfortable or look like they are wearing something that is too tight, it's gonna be a hard pass for me. I want to see clothing that will be flattering on my body type and I guage that on what they are wearing. I am okay if you tell me because of the cut, go up a size for it to fit across the chest or for a full backside but show that on the models so I can see it as well. I just watched a program where the host says go up but the model is in her QVC size and the garment fit is so terrible that I can't imagine how it will look going up a size. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Demonstrate fit, not size!

My rule of thumb--if it doesn't look good on the models, for whatever reason, it is not going to look good on me so it's an easy pass.

Trusted Contributor

I agree!  It would be helpful to know the model's measurements, too, not just their height.  

Contributor

kaydee50, normally I would agree with that rule but I have gone to the outlet store or taken a chance when something is on clearance and been pleasant surprised with the garment when the size was right. Maybe I shouldn't complain because I saved money doing it that way but I passed on purchases that I wondered about because the cost of shipping back is too expensive to take a lot of chances. Anyway thanks for your input!

Super Contributor

I think we need to take in consideration that they are mostly samples and each persons demention maybe different just like you. I think some moderls prefer to wear a certain fit to keep from looking to large on screen. I understand how you feel about that but remember the stylist can pull the garments but if the model is not comfortable with it that is another problem. The only person I know who is really in to fit is Renee, because she was a fit model and she work at trying to give you the best fit possible. So we just have to use our better judgement but I am bottom heavy and I am so over slim fitting pants.

Esteemed Contributor

I am waiting for the day when the hosts and models can actually button jackets they are showing 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They need to show how things look from the back.  If the models ever do turn around, they nervously look back at the monitor at themselves and instantly turn back around.  It seems like that would be included in their job description so whether it makes them uncomfortable shouldn't be an issue.  Lots of ladies need to see if the garment clings or shows things they may not want to show.  

Honored Contributor

QVC has samples sizes for the hosts and models.  They do not have every size available .  

If the plus size model is a size 1x, which most of them are, then that is the size that they have available.  If it is too tight on the model that should telll you that if you are a 1x. Order up a size.  The garmet runs small.

Esteemed Contributor

Great thread addressing my biggest QVC fashion complaints -

--please have the models move around in the clothes, show us the back.

--Why are the models, hosts and vendors constantly pulling their tops down.  Captain Picard did that in Star Trek too!  Trying to smooth out wrinkles and pretend garment doesn't cling to the body?

-- Don't tell us that you are not closing the jacket because that is how you would wear it.  Sometimes they claim this with coats, as if wearing an open coat in freezing weather made any sense.  At least some buttons need to be fastened if one is to do any walking while carrying a purse.  Failing to do any fastening while walking will cause the jacket to move around from its proper position.  In the real world wearing jackets that one can't fasten means that one is too fat.  Maybe the jackets are poorly designed so the shoulders are too big if the jacket fits around the waist!  I want to know.  Wear the size that fits, and tell us where it fits too big or too small for you!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mnmom wrote:

I agree!  It would be helpful to know the model's measurements, too, not just their height.  

They used to give garment measurements. I agree with you that it is not helpful to just have the model's height. It does not even help with length because if the model is wearing an extra small the garment will be shorter than a medium or an extra-large.