Respected Contributor

Re: Demonstrate fit, not size!

I also think anyone purchasing a garment  needs to look at the measurements and also the style of the outfit.  We  can't all fit into an item being shown.  Lots of returns going on because the consumer is being tricked into thinking that item of clothing will work for them when they already know it won't. 

I see things I wish I could wear but can't so I stick with the things that work best for me.  I rarely return an item unless the measurements listed are way off once received but usually just exchange.

Not all designers clothes on QVC works for me.  I know who's clothing line works the best for me but doesn't mean everything they sell does.  

When I shop brick and mortar I do my experimenting of different styles then.  Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and other times no way.  I look around and I like a good bargain on clothes.  

I never purchase pants on QVC and I like trying them on first.  Tops, layering pieces and shoes mainly.    But shoes less and less because the sizing is off more than they use to be in brands I could always rely on.  They seem to cheapen up the  TSV in order to keep a low price point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Show that waist!

Only a couple/few models show the waistlines.

Blair, Jacynth, Bonnie, and another one (I'm not recalling her name right now).  Edited:  The other model is Oday/Aday. They are excellent waist show-ers.  Oh, and Katya, too.  Probably others that I'll recall later.

And they show waistlines for more than a split second.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I think saying if you can't close the jacket it means you are too fat is perhaps incorrect. I'd say that not being able to close the jacket means the person is wearing the wrong size for them.

they all want to be an XXS! And the stylists should put the models in a size that fits them and where the jacket/coat can be closed.

Like you, I'm not likely to wear a coat unzipped in the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe I think saying if you can't close the jacket it means you are too fat is perhaps incorrect. I'd say that not being able to close the jacket means the person is wearing the wrong size for them.

they all want to be an XXS! And the stylists should put the models in a size that fits them and where the jacket/coat can be closed.

Like you, I'm not likely to wear a coat unzipped in the winter.

@GinaV24 I wrote "In the real world wearing jackets that one can't fasten means that one is too fat."  By "too fat", I meant too big for the jacket.  I guess in your world, people aren't too big for the jacket, it's just jackets are just too small?  What's the difference?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I never understood why all the shopping networks use height and size to demonstrate fit. I wear anywhere from a 2X to a 4X depending on the brand and I look up the garment measurements to determine the best size. I'm also 5'8 and long-waisted, so things will fall on me differently than someone who is the same size but shorter. And not all of us are built the same. 

However, at least HSN and Shop HQ will tell you to size up or down, and Shop HQ models and hosts also demonstrate this. They tell if you if they had to put on a different size or if the sample size isn't their correct size. I've avoided returns thanks to them saying that on air. But not on QVC, and the stylists squeeze everyone into smaller sizes thinking a tighter fit is better, when most of the time it's not. There have been lots of times when I've seen models, missy or plus, that could have benefited from going up a size. 

Honored Contributor

UPDATE:

When watching today's D and Co. show, everyone seemed to be showing the tummy area on the pants. 

Model Aieda kept her top tucked in the front, so we could see the waist band.  

Also, the video model did the same.

Maybe our comments are being read, etc.

Great job, Q and models!  Heart

Check out the new, cute D&Co Skimmers!  Nice colors and fit, imo.  Not too tight, etc.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesnt have to do with available sample sizes, one of the hosts explained on air what the Stylists have told the hosts is that a garment that fits close to your body makes one look thinner....SMH.. It seems that the Q stylists dont know much about fitting a garment PROPERLY!!!.... 

And Im sorry with pants and tops so tight you can see every lump and pump and the models cant even button jackets and sweaters that certainly does NOT entice sales and is a big TURN OFF to prospective customers...

Putting a model in whatever size is available due to limited sample sizes doesnt even make sense (as some suggested)....🙄 Samples may not be available for the host to wear from the sample display rack--- thats why the hosts need to leave modeling to the models (the hosts are the ones that will grab any size thats on the display rack and wear an improper size)..... 

And I have to laugh at one vendor in particular that says....(referring to the model) "doesnt she look fabulous"....nope, clothes that fit like a second skin does not look appealing nor attractive...when was the last time they got their eyes checked...😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

I agree!!!!

I want to see how the item fits in the back.

Does it cling? How long is it? 

The models rarely turn around and if they do, it's for a second.