New Contributor

Delivery of foods during hot weather.

I live down south in warm weather throughout most of the year.  Wish there was a way to get chocolate or other foods that really need staying cool during transit to my location.

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Delivery of foods during hot weather.

Foods that are frozen or require refrigeration are sent in Styrofoam coolers with dry ice sufficient to keep frozen until you receive them.  You can procure chocolate by going to the store and buying it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Same here. I live in Tennessee which can get very warm a good portion of the year.  Since I miss food I used to have when I lived on the east coast I tried food delivery for a variety of foods.  Definitely cannot order June, July or August even with cold packs included.  Also if final delivery is the post office forget it.  Food package is loaded onto the truck early morning.  The problem is my mail is delivered usually 6pm or later, so the food sits in a hot truck all day long and is a mess by the time I get it.

Respected Contributor

I ordered Keto chocolate cups from HSN about 2 months ago and when they were delivered they were all melted in the wrappers. I was very disappointed. I placed a second order for the same Keto cups from Amazon about a month ago and they came packed in dry ice and they were all fine so I just reordered from Amazon again. Not sure if it was just a oversight with HSN but in the summertime they should always pack  perishables in ice

Respected Contributor

@Colormyworld   Goldbelly is very popular and foods are shipped properly.

Frequent Contributor

SEES Candies, they use  special cold packaging. You can read about it on their website, and the candies are very delious. I,buy all throughout the year and have never had a problem. I buy alot for christmas because it's the most requested treat 

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Tennessee and have no problem whatsoever with frozen foods staying frozen upon delivery. I regularly order from Omaha Steaks; arrives fully, completely frozen....even in summer.

Honored Contributor

All the frozen food I ever ordered was shipped by UPS Second Day Air, never by the USPS.  It always has arrived frozen solid and in good condition.  I live in the desert. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've never had a bad food delivery from any website, And with QVC if you are not satisfied for any reason you simply call for a refund or replacement.

I've never had or saw any food delivered by the post office. Businesses just don't use them for that. For me, delivery has always been UPS or Fed Ex. 

If concerned about the TSV, the earliest it ships is late October.

Super Contributor

We have hot, humid summers here in New England, although the month of July this year has been cooler than normal.  A few years ago, I ordered an assortment of Georgetown Cupcakes (not from QVC), and they did not arrive in the best of shape.  They were just for my household and not for company, so they were eaten and enjoyed.  They just didn't look that great, LOL.

I have ordered many meat products with summer deliveries over the years and the meat has always arrived frozen.  My TSV KC burgers just arrived in rock solid condition.  I would stay away from chocolate or frosted baked goods during the summer, but wouldn't hesitate to order from KC Steaks again.