Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@LilacTree  wrote

"Zooming just changes the regular text size of the forum choices. It does not change the size of the posts."

My 10" Kindle zooms everything on the screen.  If I knew how, I would send you one! 

Don't like to hear that you are having unnecessary problems, dear Lady!

@Zhills 

I’m dumb now. Used to be great with this stuff.  Ancient History!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@NAES1 

I want my right hand back so I can type on my computer again!!! That’s what I want !!!

I do not like this iPad at all.

And I planned to compile all of my diaries and journals into an autobiography upon retirement.  Oh well, the best laid plans . . . And all that!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  Had a feeling you were a strong, independent, liberal thinking woman. We may be in the minority here, but we make our statements known when necessary.

Another excellent book is Educated by Tara Westover.  Read that memoir last week. Would recommend it first. It's a must read for all ages.    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@NAES1 

I want my right hand back so I can type on my computer again!!! That’s what I want !!!

I do not like this iPad at all.

And I planned to compile all of my diaries and journals into an autobiography upon retirement.  Oh well, the best laid plans . . . And all that!!

Lilac Tree (zooming in at a number 3) on a largER laptop, but prefer my old eighteen year old Dell desk top that had great easily accessibility to connect for coloring back splashes, large to small screen posting, all font and text ability for creating my own two fold all personal occasion cards. I know it was well over its time. old, very old----------- 

Now, at 10 percent efficiency, I have some difficulty printing all documents and pulling up every single photo from my family album taken w/ digital camera.

We purchased three of the newer brand names-that I am familiar with- for the keyboard mainly, transferring mails, along with holding a save.

I had mentioned to doobdoo 2 years ago, I would like to have another Dell that is connected to [all] office machines here.

We have searched. Almost each one has the windows 10 that I do not want. Now! To have a new Dell find a desk top, or the one dBd had.......

(suggested) as a very nice, `ONE` that she has and uses); having one installed in office will be my next goal.

I have no use for an iPad or Smart phone as son's & husband's; the squinting from the keys, alone are very much as a nuisance. certainly understand you wanting your computer and (R) hand. Odd, my friend around the bend wanted an iPad and loves it.

Our son has the latest hand held close to an Apple and emails, texts, and can surface the globe for instant news. Less than a quarter of an inch. Not interested /self.

Ha, yes, as you mentioned, 'the best laid plans'...and I need all of my photos back. 

The (R) hand? Are the conditions of recovery flailing its flawed culprits when you fell on that side?

I do remember when you received your new, then- computer. The iPad is, if I am memory safe, here, is your daughter's? I must be in the antiquated world....and still have my flip phone. I stay with what works for me. 

Wonderful to hear you Ford, as always. Heart

Oh,

still loving your new bed? At least I don't have that to tend to, soon. 

Sending hugs and a huge Heart with a cutesy smiling face. Smiley Happy

@LilacTree 

August 20th

2019: Tuesday                                                         NAES with love.

''my husband had a wellness

visit. That time for a colonoscopy

on the 14th- Two of the longest

~~~days~~~

I can ever remember" !

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  Just discovered something I thought I would share.

In checking the settings on my Fire 10, I saw my font size set at HUGE.  I set it smaller and my screen would not Zoom, put it back on HUGE and everything Zooms!!!!!

Don't know about your IPad.  Just a thought and worth a try!

Esteemed Contributor

For me, it's not the size of the font as much as it's the color.  What's wrong with black font folks?   Usually, if I see a response in a color, I skip over it.  I skipped over several above.

I always bump up my screen size to 1.25 whenever I visit QVC website and forums.  Takes less than a second to do.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Default font size

[ Edited ]

Hi @NAES1! Nice to hear from you again. I don’t come here that often anymore myself. But here’s somewhat of an update.

Several years ago, before this iPad experience, I bought a Dell desktop directly from Dell and had it configured exactly as I wanted it with all the upgrades including I9, speed, memory,etc . . . But with Windows 7, as I, too, hated 8 and 10.  I felt so at home again.

Unfortunately, rheumatoid (not a fall) took away my right hand. It happened very quickly, and for a while I tried typing with my left hand and just using my pointer finger on  my right hand. That ultimately failed and my kids bought me this iPad. I’m used to it now, but use it only for posting online and paying my bills. I have little to no interest in “mastering” it, because I was  and always will be a computer girl, as I was there at the beginning and spent 24 years honing my skills from two floppy drives, to DOS, to Windows XP ( which was and still is the best version of Windows ever). And all of this was self taught from hard bound books which I still have.

Of course, they had to ”improve” it so all could understand it, but when they went to touch screens, they lost me. If there’s anything I hate, it’s greasy fingerprints all over my computer screen.  I am constantly wiping this iPad all day long, just as I have to clean my eyeglasses!

As far as breaking bodily parts, I have broken my left shoulder, incurring soft tissue damage to my left knee, which rheumatoid has attacked, of course.  My second fall took my right hip and arm, both of which were nominally repaired by surgery, and I have a line injury to my right pelvis, and something internal on the long bone of my right thigh which the ortho docs deny is there, while not taking an x-ray of it. Only I know it every time I sit down.

Next is the cardiologist for the fatigue, total exhaustion with rapid heartbeats. That comes up next month, then the rheumatologist again in December, who refuses to believe that an 81 year old woman will not take biologics no matter what, and will continue to try to push them on me.

So the “golden years” have become a little more like “baby poop green,” but oh well.

Despite my words, I am still fighting, never bemoan my fate, as it always could, and is, far worse for others and I consider myself lucky.

Have a good day, dear NAES.  ~Ford

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@LilacTree  Just discovered something I thought I would share.

In checking the settings on my Fire 10, I saw my font size set at HUGE.  I set it smaller and my screen would not Zoom, put it back on HUGE and everything Zooms!!!!!

Don't know about your IPad.  Just a thought and worth a try!

@Zhills 

Thanks, Zhills . . . I’ll give it a try!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@LilacTree  Had a feeling you were a strong, independent, liberal thinking woman. We may be in the minority here, but we make our statements known when necessary.

Another excellent book is Educated by Tara Westover.  Read that memoir last week. Would recommend it first. It's a must read for all ages.    

@BirkiLady 
I am posting my political viewpoints in “newsfeed” (Facebook) these days.  I never get nasty, but oh my others surely do. As usual, I ignore them.  But it is a good feeling to be free to post when certain things occur.

I’m having trouble here right now with this post double spacing and continually changing the font to something barely recognizable as words, let alone readable.
 Wondering if you’ve ever heard of the magazine called “The Sun,” kind of offbeat, no advertising, mostly personal stories written with various themes.  My youngest daughter gave me a subscription, and I’m enjoying getting that monthly. 
Don’t get to libraries, so when I’m interested in a book, I have to buy it. I don’t buy anything from Amazon. A friend of mine suggested a book store in Maine where I bought MO ‘s book at a reduced price.
Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@BirkiLady 

BTW My library friend already read this book and liked it very much.

Formerly Ford1224