Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I always liked Dave James and it was wonderful seeing him today.  How refreshing to see an actual adult male, acting like an adult.  No giggling, no stupid manerisms, etc.  I miss him and also liked the guy from Australia (I think he was from Australia) who was let go.  I am tired of seeing so many hosts act like silly children.  

So, it was Dave James who was Carolyn's special guest during her show.  I'm sorry I missed him.  I think he and Antonella came on board at the same time.

Respected Contributor

Dave James was 1 of my very favorite hosts. I was sad to see him go. No one has ever hosted the jewelry shows as well as Dave & Lisa Mason (imo).

Honored Contributor

It was wonderful watching Dave with Carolyn Gracie the other day.   The presentation was going well and I was enjoying when, like a dream, it all came crashing down:  Alberti interrupted to make a few comments. I didn't even know he was in the vicinity.  Of course I exaggerate just a bit, but the contrast between old and new selling techniques couldn't have been more stark.

Trusted Contributor
I think the producer probably sent Alberti in to take away the colors that had sold out...but I know what you're saying ValuSkr. I thought it was funny when Carolyn reminded Dave about when he sold Breezies bras with her & he said, "I'll do it again!" 😂
Occasional Contributor

I would like to see more male hosts.  Tired and bored with all the new hosts who all look and sound alike.  The silliness of the some female hosts is annoying  Please stop the kissing of the vendors, saying they love them, etc.  HSN greets their vendors without the kissing, just greets them nicely and gets down to showing the product.  I used to watch QVC much more,  but now with the same products on both QVC and HSN, and constantly showing Josie Maran and Dooney & Burke on both channels, I do not watch for very long.  

Please QVC, more male hosts, and stop the silly chatter of the hosts. 

Trusted Contributor
You brought up a sore subject maurlag but you are sooo right! How much Josie Maran body butter do you need to slather on your arm? How many Dooney & Burke purses do you need? It seems like they're on every weekend & always for 2 hours! And why is IT Cosmetics so exciting that the vendors are ready to jump out of their skin? Maybe because they work with plastic surgeons! UGH!!! Okay, okay, I'll change the channel.