Occasional Contributor

I am a long time qvc customer (and avid watcher). I have never posted in a forum until now, but after watching the above named show this past Friday night,  felt compelled to offer feedback. This was the worst qvc show I have ever seen. Too many people on screen - shawn, elise, and the oap - why???? too much movement with Shawn walking around from here to there, horrible camera angles, Shawn washing her face in a " mirror" and talking at the same time, the product was "displayed" by Shawn trying to fit all 3 or 4 pieces in one hand and holding it up to the camera. All of it added up to one giant , sloppy distraction from the products they were selling. In fact, I would say the whole format of the show was an insult to both the products and the viewers/ customer.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Dare to share beauty show?

I completely agree .. the flitting around from place to place ..

and bare foot no less .... and before anyone claps back

yes I did change the channel ....

It was just too much .....

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree... too chaotic.  

It has also bothered me when a host walks off camera during a presentation...even if briefly. ..or has their back to the camera....SK  does this often.... Just too distracting.  

Honored Contributor

I have to agree!  It was the worst show ever.

Respected Contributor

Shawn prancing around from here to there is what she does best! Lori Goldstein seemed to be really thrown off by it in their first shows together...Shawn just abruptly leaves her standing there high and dry. But now Lori appears to have somewhat adjusted to the antics. Shawn seems to think it's a smooth move. I, for one, generally find it rude and annoying.     

Valued Contributor

I disagree. I love the show! It's not the same ol' shows the Q has and I'm ready for that change.

Trusted Contributor

@whitepetal wrote:

I am a long time qvc customer (and avid watcher). I have never posted in a forum until now, but after watching the above named show this past Friday night,  felt compelled to offer feedback. This was the worst qvc show I have ever seen. Too many people on screen - shawn, elise, and the oap - why???? too much movement with Shawn walking around from here to there, horrible camera angles, Shawn washing her face in a " mirror" and talking at the same time, the product was "displayed" by Shawn trying to fit all 3 or 4 pieces in one hand and holding it up to the camera. All of it added up to one giant , sloppy distraction from the products they were selling. In fact, I would say the whole format of the show was an insult to both the products and the viewers/ customer.  

I found it thoroughly entertaining, and refreshing as TV home shopping beauty presentations go.  Nothing is certainly for everyone.  YouTube has tutorials.

Trusted Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Shawn prancing around from here to there is what she does best! Lori Goldstein seemed to be really thrown off by it in their first shows together...Shawn just abruptly leaves her standing there high and dry. But now Lori appears to have somewhat adjusted to the antics. Shawn seems to think it's a smooth move. I, for one, generally find it rude and annoying.     

Now ITA on that.  Shawn and Lori together are a train wreck, and in a word awkward.  But, I do find Shawn in her element when it comes to beauty.  No one else can do it better.  Sandra Bennett with Alberti Popaj kee-keein just doesn't do anything for me.

Respected Contributor

Well it's brand new, perhaps they have to get into a routine before it improves. I thought it was weird Shawn kept saying how nervous she was.  No need to say that on air.

Occasional Contributor

Kudos for q trying something different. Also to cosign on something a poster further down wrote - that it's still a new concept and maybe they need to work out the kinks. Maybe focus  on one or 2 elements and get rid of the rest.. the product though always needs to be front and center, in my opinion.