Contributor

DON'T CARE MUCH FOR THE NEW FORMAT??

Who made the big decision to have vendors sell their own products?  QVC is already off the air for part of the night - are they planning to get rid of more hosts/hostesses?  The other new channel is much like QVC2 - just a rehash of things that didn't sell out in prior airings.  They went out on a limb last year with the QVC beauty and it didn't pay off - why do it again?  I'm tired too of some of the hostesses acting like some kind of Facebook "Influencers" - I really don't care what they would wear or do - I think the idea is to sell the product and let the viewer see how much they need it.  I'm also sick and tired of some of the preening and posing - I have to turn off Kirsten and Courtney K.  Also, hey, management, I'm having nightmares over all those closeup mirror eyebrow shots and false lashes -OMG.  And finally - I am well aware that it's 2021 - but is it really necessary when selling ladies jockey underwear to have a live model on set in nothing but bra and panties?? Most of us have a pretty clear idea what panties look like.  What was that for? - International Women's Day?? ANDFINALLY- change the name of the TSV to "One Very Expensive Item That We Intend To Hammer You With At Every Chance We Get Today Regardless Of The Show!! Please! -not another vacuum!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DON'T CARE MUCH FOR THE NEW FORMAT??

I think they are testing the waters having the vendors hosting their own products .... if it works then say goodbye to some more hosts .... if that happens I hope QVC gets rid of the hosts that need to go rather than the hosts that need to stay!!!!

Honored Contributor

Neither the vendors nor the hosts make me purchase anything, that is my decision based on if I like or need the item and it is within my budget.  I have been on the Q for a long time and have always shopped this way.

With that being said, I prefer the vendors selling their product because they can better describe and give important information.  The hosts push the same old tiresome selling points, love everything they sell and can be silly and annoying. There are some exceptions.  

I am far from being a prude but do agree that the models wearing bras and intimate items is not necessary.  Just my thoughts.

Contributor

I agree. I would like to hear more the vendors who can explain their products better. I am tired of having to go through the host over talking just to get a little more description of the item. Also, I would like to hear the vendor more. Jane Trecey, for example, asks a guest/vendor to describe a product. However, in the middle of the conversation, she yells and interrups with one of her stories. Then, laugh to loud, and I still couldn't hear what the vendor had to say, because the time was over. It is getting worst, don't need to over-do it. I know what I like and want. Don't need to exxagerate please. I just switch channels and pass the sale. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Sounds to me like it's time for @JerseyJ   to move on to some other type of shopping since she's so unhappy with QVC. 

By the way, IT IS the 21st Century and the sexist occupational term "hostess" became passe about 40 years ago. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sometimes it's nice to see on an actual moving person how high the waistband is or how high or low cut is the leg opening on underwear. 

Contributor

Yup----nothing more important than getting rid of those tired old sexist phrases which were meant TO SHOW WETHER ONE WAS REFERRING TO A MALE OR FEMALE -now than you can be any of 50 sexes, I guess it is passe.  So lets just say that when they fire all of the HUMANS who usually do the selling, I will have to find another way to shop - like maybe a store - or are they also now passe??? Didn't mean to offend - I think we need to draw a line between those who are paid to sell products and those who are just a little uncomfortable to be "front and center" and unfortunately, it shows.