Occasional Contributor

Customer Reviews are a great guide

Although I don't always agree with the comments, I appreciate the time that other customers take to note their comments and the more specific the better.  Before ordering, I have learned (through impulse purchases) to take the time to read the reviews; if the rating is in the "3's," particularly the low end, I will not buy the product.  With the hosts and vendors only trying to sell the product, al least, I can have an unbiased opinion of someone who has actually seen what I am planning to spend my hard-earned money on.  Unfortunately, this does not work for new products.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Customer Reviews are a great guide

I love writing reviews for that very reason, and I am quite specific. I always point out the pros and the cons, and I rely on reviews of that nature. I have made some purchases with a 3 or 3.5 star rating because the cons had more to do with displeasure of shipping, or colors of the items etc, and the majority of the reviews were favorable.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

With the cost of returns, the reviews are a must. I will generally not buy any item, including new, that has not received a significant number of reviews.

It now cost $10.00 or close to it for the privilege of trying on a clothing item!

Because of that I have no choice but to cut WAY back on my Q shopping. Free shipping days help, but I ordered nothing on the last two f/s days..

Honored Contributor

I always read the reveiws before buying.  If there are more 1 and 2 star reviews than there are 4 and 5 and the reviewers complain about the same thing, e.g, poor material, poor fit, etc. no matter how much I'm tempted I will not buy.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, they are, one of several measures I use to determine whether to buy or not.

Besides reviews, I also use the description, measurements, TV presentations, look at the videos, zoom the photos, and I walk up close to the TV screen to get a better look.  For an even closer look, view QVC live on their website.  Much closer view than on TV...of course it's better with a large screen.

That may be overkill, but any one of them may be a deal breaker catching poor quailty that hadn't been initially noticeable during TV presentations.  Particularly helpful for clothing and decor.

Trusted Contributor

Allow me to join @too cute in thanking others for taking the time to post reviews.  If there are more negative reviews for substantive reasons, I won't buy, either.  Since I only buy jewelry from the Q, those reviews tell the real story in the value of the piece.  Of course, I try to return the favor by always reviewing the pieces I buy--even if they don't get published. 🤨

Respected Contributor

Reading reviews first has saved me a TON of money!  They are a welcome dose of reality to counteract the crazy hype. 

Super Contributor

I too read reviews to purchasing. I am not pleased that QVC has started publishing reviews collected by the vendor rather than by someone who purchased through QVC. Most recent example, Lenox cocktail glasses.
Honored Contributor

@too cute 

Thank you for your post.

The reviews have been so helpful for me too.

We all look for different things when purchasing, so in my opinion, the more information the better.

For anyone who is looking, my reviews are written using my forum name!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@too cute Agree with your post.  Reviews are valuable.  However, it's not only new products that don't yet have reviews posted, there's a problem with older ones, too.

I simply won't purchase without scanning reviews.  Sadly, sometimes there is no problem accessing reviews on QVC, while other times, I can't bring them up, even though it acknowledges there are many.  Sometimes logging out and back in will bring them up, but often not.  I've decided against purchases based on this.  

If this is a glitch with the system (others have mentioned, too), I have to say that it makes one suspicious and needs to be corrected.   BTW, this is on my PC and notebook and I have no problem viewing reviews from any other websites.