Occasional Contributor

Re: Curious - What demographic is used to determine the 'type"" of purchasers we are?

Judging by the voices of the ladies who call in, it sure sounds like the vast majority of them are in their 60's to 80's. A woman buying some Skecher's shoes this morning said she was 82. Many of the callers are old enough to be the hosts grandparents. When they have studio audience shows, the audience members are mostly a tad plain & frumpy, plus-size women in their 50's to 70's. Not that there's anything wrong with that at all; it's just my idea of QVC's demographic.

Honored Contributor

Re: Curious - What demographic is used to determine the 'type"" of purchasers we are?

I know many younger women under 35 who buy here - Beauty, kitchen, household items, electronics, Christmas decorations but not the conservative clothing of course. Most of those I know are busy with children, work and other obligations and have found QVC an excellent source for many products they use and need. They can view presentations while getting things done at home and don't have to waste time searching in stores or online. Before becoming aware of the abundance of products available here they laughed at those of us who shopped here. With social media QVC seems to be trying to get a younger customer. It's appears to be mostly the older probably lonely (and sometimes a little inebriated) customers who call in.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC lists its customer base as overwhelmingly female, late 40s to mid 60s, largely homeowners, tend to be married and have a net worth well above the national averge. I've never seen a reference to mainly retirees in their customer profiles.

There is a nice breakdown of customer age and shopping preference (phone, PC, or mobile) in one of their corporate presentations.

New customers and those shopping digitally are younger.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Old Lady said:

I appreciate the Q - honestly. However some of the representations of products and their retail value don't match up to what I see when shopping (even on line). I want a slower presentation from the hosts and vendors because I am hard of hearing and can't catch everything they are saying. Why the rush? From reading customer posts I see how very intelligent and wise they are; so wish the Q would speak to that during the presentations. My purchases are mostly linens and I am extremely happy with the quality. Northern Nights is my preference. I have sheets that are several years old and look great. So, I would appreciate slower more intelligent presentations. Please don't make the host the main ingredient during presentations. Thank you, Iris

Turn on the Close Caption feature on your television. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}