Valued Contributor

STOP STOP STOP 🛑 

Honored Contributor

Re: Credit card etc. pop-ups

OMG!  I couldn't agree more.  I have been on my pc for 10 minutes and had that stupid pop up at least 6 times.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There have been dozens and dozens and dozens of threads about the pop-ups, where people have begged, pleaded, and demanded that the pop-ups stop, and it should be obvious to everyone by now, that they are not going to stop with the pop-ups.

The offer is good until tomorrow (1/3) so just hold out until then, and when the offer expires, the pop-up should stop.

They're not going to get rid of the pop-up when the offer will be expiring soon.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I agree!  I only noticed it this morning since I decided to take a look at some new items...every time I would click onto a new page there would be the annoying pop-up about the Q card....I decided after a few minutes to stop looking...Is that what the Q wants?  I would think they would want me to keep looking until I decide to make a purchase....maybe I should thank them for saving me money!

Esteemed Contributor

I am beginning to think QVC is trying to loose customers by NOT  listening to our complaints.!!!!!

New Contributor

So sick and tired of this, glad everyone else is, too.  Thought  if I I just clicked on it, it might stop, but no.   Something has happened recently to QVC.  I know the founder just passed away.  But the switch to no live programming in the early am, not seeing the more seasoned hosts, etc.  Decreasing quality of many lines.  Too Bad.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think those ads will stop immediately -  as soon as Amazon and Walmart figure out how to continue to expand selling their merchandise instead of their services.  

Both of them make more in just profits than QVC makes in a year than QVC is worth overall!  And Amazon makes something over 95% of those profits from non-merchandise (think their Cloud, their membership fees, their streaming services) , yet the tiny percent that's left is close to QVC totals.

Walmart seems to be just starting into the extra like Amazon uses to make profits, so we have no idea how that's going to work for them, but just seeing that's what they want to try seems to say selling stuff doesn't make all that much profit even for the huge companies.   No wonder so many companies that are selling just stuff are dying.

BTW-  if you're looking for a stock to buy in 2020, Motley Fool expects Amazon to keep doing what it does best -  make a profit selling services and continue to offer some merchandise to us little guys on the side even though it doesn't add muchextra to their bottom line.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 

My pop-up blocker on my laptop was set at 'Medium' by default, I had to go into 'settings/internet options/safety' and raise the pop-up level to high.

All gone now!

HTH!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I still haven't seen one of these popups, thankfully.  I have seen many, many threads about it.  

Honored Contributor

I've never seen the ad either but I have a free ad blocker app installed on my computer.  Why doesn't everybody have it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment