Super Contributor

Crazy song during Sundays w/ Carolyn

I'm really confused about this crazy song that keeps playing during Sundays with Carolyn & Dan.  This guy is singing about "it feels like drowning," "heart attacks," and "your soul fading to black."  These are not pleasant things for me to think about or hear about, and I don't understand why they're mentioned in a song on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crazy song during Sundays w/ Carolyn

?

Honored Contributor

I never listen to the words of the songs... just the beat. I guess I have other things to think about than analyzing a song for its meaning....????

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know which song you mean particularly- but for awhile they were promoting Rick Springfield and playing his new music. Is it still Rick?

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, even "not listening to" the words of a song doesn't mean that you aren't listening subliminally and absorbing content.  It is one of the most powerful tools in selling or in any medium where you want to influence behavior.  So powerful that subliminal messaging is against the FCC.  

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/laws-subliminal-marketing-69892.html

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4uSo what's the subliminal message in those lyrics that would do QVC any good?

It would have to be subliminal to getg to me -  I can't remember the last time I listened to any background music and paid attention to the words.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Q4uSo what's the subliminal message in those lyrics that would do QVC any good?

It would have to be subliminal to getg to me -  I can't remember the last time I listened to any background music and paid attention to the words.

Nothing to QVC IMHO, it was probably just a random pick because they liked the music and beat.

I was commenting generally.  However the makers of songs like this are often promoting anti-social, negative, and depressing thoughts that are "absorbed" by those listening to it without even knowing it.  Those very susceptible to subliminal suggestion are the ones I worry about.  Not everyone is susceptible.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@FinnyMinny Wow!  I'm impressed.  Your looking at someone who (when I hear a song) this is what I hear....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

This is Weird Al singing what he hears to the Michael Jackson "Just Beat It"....in other words I never hear the words just the music.

I'm always impressed by people who are able to decipher the words to the song...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to preface this by saying Carolyn is my favorite host, and I like Dan Hughes too...BUT I never understood how and why they used this Rick Springfield song for the theme song for Sundays With Carolyn & Dan (Carolyn and Dan seem to make a big deal out of it because it's Rick Springfield--big deal (SARCASM) )also a song called DOWN certainly does not seem to have a connection or seem to entice one to purchase merchandise no sublimial message for me!!!....PLUS most important it's difficult to hear what Carolyn/Dan/Or other hosts that do this show are saying because the VOCAL LYRICS ARE SO LOUD!!!  They need a soft instrumental song if they want music in the background---This theme song is NOTHING BUT ANNOYING...thankfully it ends and the show goes on with the products....if I'm interested in what is being presented I will watch, if not YES I TURN THE CHANNEL or find something else to do!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I don't know which song you mean particularly- but for awhile they were promoting Rick Springfield and playing his new music. Is it still Rick?

@Ibby114

Yep it's still Rick!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”