Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They really can't list the country of origin with accuracy.  In the case of a garment, the fabric may have been made in China but the garment cut and sewn in Vietnam.  People have pitched fits and said they won't buy a computer, cell phone, tablet, etc. because they're made in China but they don't consider that these devices contain processors and components made by Intel and ADM right here in the USA.  Intel employs 4,000 people just in my community, and they have numerous plants in the US and other non-Asian countries.  We are truly an international community.

In excerizing your prejudices, you may be affecting American jobs.

@bonnielu   @GenXmuse   @jcash   @Still Raining   @Miss Pepsi   @judaline

Nope, not me.  It was a suggestion  for OP.

If you mentioned Intel, I take it you are in Chandler?  I thank my lucky stars the wind mostly comes from the west up here on my hill in the boonies.  Hillsboro/Aloha is crawling with fabs/offices and their tax breaks.  And still building.   Really affects traffic.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining   No, I am in New Mexico.  Intel has many big plants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Still Raining   No, I am in New Mexico.  Intel has many big plants.

I just learned a new site. Nice to know.

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They really can't list the country of origin with accuracy.  In the case of a garment, the fabric may have been made in China but the garment cut and sewn in Vietnam.  People have pitched fits and said they won't buy a computer, cell phone, tablet, etc. because they're made in China but they don't consider that these devices contain processors and components made by Intel and ADM right here in the USA.  Intel employs 4,000 people just in my community, and they have numerous plants in the US and other non-Asian countries.  We are truly an international community.

That is not entrly true.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Then you might as well say it's everything-not just clothes. If it says made in China, that's good enough for me. I won't buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems one sided these days.  Check all your labels.

Trusted Contributor

I just recently purchased an item from Zulily because it was marked "made in Switzerland".  WRONG   When I received it it was from China!   I could not return it but wrote a full review noting the misrepresentation.