Honored Contributor

Could you please put the order number on the Track Package Page

[ Edited ]

When I'm trying to figure out what is inside of a shipping bag that I don't want to open yet, I can see the tracking number on the outside of the bag. I'd like to use the tracking number to help figure out what my order inside the bag  is.

When I go into my orders online, it would help so much if both the tracking number and the order number were on the Track Package Pages. I just spent an hour trying to identify what was inside just one package. 

I have many unopened packages that I don't want to open yet because of the pandemic. I'm at home, going out very little,  and I want to keep the items sealed for later.  I'd like to know what the items are without having to open the bags up. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Could you please put the order number on the Track Package Page

@Mindy D    The tracking is posted by the shipper, not QVC.  They don't have the order# as its confidential information.  You can get the tracking # for each item off of the order status and compare it to the package to determine what's in it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Consider yourself lucky if QVC reads this or gets your message or would do anything about it. 

Think about the IT Department in Poland making changes.  Then we might not be able to sign in again.  Lol. 

If you're concerned your driver might have Covid,  wipe the plastic bags and boxes off with Lysol.  

It takes 3-4-5 or more days to get to your house.  The virus will be dead by the time your packages reach you. 

So, open those packages if you want to know what's inside.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

You really just need to wash your hands after opening the packages, like you probably do already. As other posters said, the virus is mostly gone after a few days. 

If you're concerned, wash them with soap and water if they're plastic, or wipe them with a cloth dampened with some 70% isopropyl alcohol.

Nothing wrong with waiting, but you don't want the order number on the outside. It could be used by anyone who had the time or inclination to do something shady. Maybe not likely, but a possibility.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

It's a privacy/security issue to put the order number on the outside of the package.

I don't think you need to be concerned about covid from packages.  You are vaccinated, I assume, anyway.  

Honored Contributor

I recently (in the past month) got two packages from different companies (not QVC) that had all of my information on the outside shipping label.

I couldn't believe it, so I looked twice!  My customer number, order number, method of payment - no, I'm not exaggerating.  Everything a thief would need.  Who on earth thinks that was a good idea?  The information said that the shipping label was also the invoice...so I had to peel it off the packaging as best I could.

No, putting personal information on the outside of a shipping label is NOT a good idea!  A cost-cutting measure from the company's point of view, I'm sure, but I won't order again from them.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @I need to look at the package's tracking number, then go into my my orders and scan them. Right now, I have to press Track order for each item in the list of orders. That is time consuming, but what's worse it that once I open the TRACK PACKAGE PAGE I can no longer see the order number and I have to keep flipping pages back and forth to see what I need to see. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee @It has nothing to do with COVID. I have fifty or sixty unopened QVC packages. I want them to stay unopened. I need to mark the outside of the package with what the item inside is. In order to do this, I have to use the tracking number I can see on the bag and scan through my orders. When doing this is have to go to a page, then switch to the tracking page. Once inm on the tracking page I can't see the order number, so I have to flip back to the order page. I'm trying to label all my packages so I know what's in them. I don't want to open the bags up yet. I just need to kernite the order number and description on the outside of each bag for future reference.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach @This has absolutely nothing to do with the virus or washing my hands. I am storing my newest things in their packages right now. I need to label the packages with what is inside. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 @I don't want QVC to put the order number on the outside of the packages. I want QVC to put the order number on the Track Package Page under my orders online. They could also put the tracking number on the order page along with the order number.