Frequent Contributor

Could we vote on what TSV selections we'd like?

[ Edited ]

(I edited my post below to remove comments about that day's TSV as it had nothing to do with my idea and caused some friction with those who had purchased the TSV. It has also been edited for clarity. Apologies for any confusion.)

JUST AS A FUN SUGGESTION...

What if QVC offered customers a vote on Facebook and the website, featuring 3 items (for example) within a vendors line that are being considered as a TSV? Not talking about choosing the vendor. Talking about what the vendor offers. I realize in some categories this might be impossible, but in clothing, shoes, cosmetics and food. Food items - or flavors/quantities - could be left up to votes, I think.

Finding out what selection won the vote would be pretty exciting because viewers have participated. It's always good to get customers involved, and to find out the winner, you have to tune in the day the TSV launches! 

What do you guys think? Do you have a way to tweak this or another way to help QVC decide on TSVs? It can't be easy picking ONE thing millions of us will want to buy, and why make it a guess when we have modern technology and can give them our opinions within seconds? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Could we give QVC suggestions for more successful TSVs?

[ Edited ]

I have removed my post. I have no desire to cause discord over my opinion of a TSV. I wish everyone a pleasant evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley  @mmgg   Have already received 3 of these vests and ordered another.  Until you touch and wear it,  you really aren't qualified to judge it,  are you?   I have no problem with the collar lying flat.   This vest is anything but stiff,  very soft and moushy .   It's perfect for my climate most winter days outside when it's in 50s.  I should think it would feel pretty good in the Dakotas under a coat too.   I wear it inside around my somewhat drafty house.   It should be just the thing for apres ski at Sun Valley as its gorgeous.

How many have they sold?   Close to 100,000 the last I heard.   Can't believe anyone is naive  enough to think that the number remaining is an indicator of its success.   Those planning people may have ordered enough for the rest of the season,  you have no way of knowing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have been looking for a vest.  I ordered black and can't wait for it to arrive.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SunValley@  @mmgg   Have already received 3 of these vests and ordered another.  Until you touch and wear it,  you really aren't qualified to judge it,  are you?   

I hope you enjoy your vests.  All that counts is how you feel about them.  

Side note.  Yes, people are qualified to judge even if they haven't actually felt an item.  For example, I've touched millions of fabrics over the years and know what they are, how they feel, and how they wear.  I don't judge your choice  but I can make a judgement about an item for myself.

Frequent Contributor

OP here. Um...ladies...I think some of you are on the attack and not understanding the intent of my post. This isn't about fashion opinions, this is for the suggestion box forum.  I apologize if anything I said hurt your feelings. I have no interest in doing so, I just want us to work together to get TSVs that more of us can enjoy.

My post was about helping make the TSVs more successful by getting our thoughts on them when it comes to clothes, especially. It must be incredibly hard to pick ONE thing that will appeal to millions of viewers and nail it every time. In this modern age of technology, QVC could get our ideas in seconds and not have to decide or guess for us, and I was hoping to provide some ideas QVC could use to make their TSVs more interactive and popular.

So, I would appreciate your help, rather than your defensiveness. If you bought the vest, that's wonderful. I was merely pointing out that it wasn't as popular as hoped (100K is not a big number for QVC), but in no way was I meaning to insult the item or the ladies who purchased it.

Let's have peace! I won't address these kinds of issues anymore. Hopefully we'll get some great suggestions and stay on track with the thread.

Frequent Contributor

OP here. @SunValley I'm so sorry you had to do that. You should feel safe here to say what you feel. I think I might remove some of my post to only mention the part about getting ideas for TSVs from us customers. It's my fault for writing without thinking that it could be taken the wrong way. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mmgg wrote:

OP here. Um...ladies...I think some of you are on the attack and not understanding the intent of my post. This isn't about fashion opinions, this is for the suggestion box forum.  I apologize if anything I said hurt your feelings. I have no interest in doing so, I just want us to work together to get TSVs that more of us can enjoy.

My post was about helping make the TSVs more successful by getting our thoughts on them when it comes to clothes, especially. It must be incredibly hard to pick ONE thing that will appeal to millions of viewers and nail it every time. In this modern age of technology, QVC could get our ideas in seconds and not have to decide or guess for us, and I was hoping to provide some ideas QVC could use to make their TSVs more interactive and popular.

So, I would appreciate your help, rather than your defensiveness. If you bought the vest, that's wonderful. I was merely pointing out that it wasn't as popular as hoped (100K is not a big number for QVC), but in no way was I meaning to insult the item or the ladies who purchased it.

Let's have peace! I won't address these kinds of issues anymore. Hopefully we'll get some great suggestions and stay on track with the thread.

@LibbyLib

OP, I didn't see where anyone was attacking anyone.  

IMO,  While you can provide information and ask for feedback, I don't think you should expect to tell people how to respond.   You really can't control other posters' responses, especially when they have another point of view.  JMO.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mgmt don't it give a second thought. There is another thread in the TSV forum with a number of posts voicing dissatisfaction with this TSV. I hope others will continue the thread with interesting suggestions for providing input on future TSV selections, just like posters have done on the holiday forum for next Christmas.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any attacks here.  People have varying opinions and not everyone will agree with you.   A different opinion is not an attack.