Contributor

Could use a little more variety please

QVC  please change it up a little!  All that I see is beauty and food!  Great gift ideas, but where are the jewelry shows?  Or something a little more interesting!  Anything.,please

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Could use a little more variety please

Seashell Girl, where have you been? All QVC has been showing since October is electronics - ALL THE TIME!!  Be careful what you wish for.......Smiley Sad((((

Valued Contributor

Jose Maran over and over and over......

Contributor

Had haa!  Electronics ....Yes there is that too!!!  Seems so repetitive I know I can change the channel...but I can’t bear the news, or repeated shows.  I would love to sit down and watch a jewelry show with some different vendors.  I remember when QVC used to hunt for the next best ideas!  

Esteemed Contributor

Usually a couple weeks before Christmas they will start showing alot of costume jewelry and diamonique

Honored Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

Jose Maran over and over and over......

@staciesmom.  It could be worse; we could have My Pillow over and over and over....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It is interesting if you pull back and look at the whole picture. Since October 1, it has been the same items over and over and over.

I don't remember them picking a certain "holiday items" list, then ordering XXX amount (large amount) to show for the whole season right up until Christmas.

I hear the hosts saying "we brought in 250,000 to last for the whole season and there are xyz left". So they have changed their whole business plan, their whole selling strategy.

The problem in that if you go back over the shows, there are probably only 20-25 items in a whole week that they are pushing. They just keep mixing up the items into different shows, and are giving each item much much longer presentations. The reality though (in my opinion) is that is it the same items shown repetitively.

That is not saying there are not hundred of items on their website, but you have to know what you are looking for. Or just browse until you stumble upon something. I miss the days when I would get gift ideas from watching the shows because they had so much to show, and they had good stuff, and the prices were not so ridiculously high.

What has also changed is that there are very few "only at QVC" items now. Honestly, I can go out to the brick and mortar stores and find almost every single item they are showing on air, with few exceptions. (Denim and Company for example).

The other thing that is happening that is even worse is that QVC and HSN are morphing into one company. I am now seeing items on the Q, and then the next week they are on HSN. The boundary that used to make them distinct from each other is slowly being eroded.

I really believe the new age of online shopping is going to kill shopping channels. People can now buy something in a blink while sitting at a stop sign. I know I don't watch QVC or HSN hardly ever anymore. I still buy some of my products that I use and stand by, but I can't sit and watch anymore.

Occasional Contributor

QVC needs to seriously step up and find some new fashion designers with talent.  After awhile all the clothes start looking the same with the exception of variation in color and material.  The only time you see someone wearing a piece of creative clothing is when the hosts wear their own clothes from their home closet.  Also when someone inquires as to what the host is wearing on air, its seems no one at QVC can tell you; you're always told we cant see whats airing and have no information on that. Come on QVC... get with it all ready!

Respected Contributor

This has been brought up before but the overlap of products getting to be the same on HSN and QVC.Yesterday HSN had an IT foundation set as a TS. We all figured this would happen. It is volume, now not variety.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems to me when the jewelry shows really declined were a few years ago when gold and silver prices skyrocketed. I don't really expect to see them back soon. But I agree with you completely about the variety.