Contributor

Re: Could the hosts please dress up again?

I do agree with you. I feel like they are conducting a business and I wish they would act like it.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

There is business casual and then there is unprofessional.   We may be dressing more casually at home, but, the pajamas just don't cut it.  I'm not expecting silk suits or coats and ties, however, these are professionals on television.   I see no reason for sloppiness or hair that is unkempt. 

This is my opinion and I've stopped watching.  

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I do agree some of the hosts are too casual most of the time.  But, if you watch any other cannel, including HSN, they always dress properly.  No matter what the product.  The host you refer to is always sloppy but during the Tweakd show her hair wasn't even done for that type of show.

@luvmybeetle  - I saw her on the Tweaked show last night and I couldn't get over the condition of her hair - especially when doing a hair show.  It look like she didn't brush it at all and put a ponytail on the top of her head at the last minute.  I just thought for a hair show that a host would have well groomed hair.

Honored Contributor

I wonder what the recommendation for "dress up" would be for Phoenix, Arizona.........where we have just had 145 days of 100° (plus) temperatures.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   Apparently some want business suits, 4" heels, hose and girdles.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   Apparently some want business suits, 4" heels, hose and girdles.

@Kachina624   And nurses wearing starched uniform dresses, with white hose, etc........

When I watch the news......I always check out the background people "on the street".........and even in Paris and Rome.......they dress the same way WE do.........   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

They all look fine to me.  I don't find anyone inappropriately dressed.  They all dress appropriately for the shows they are doing.  If it bothered me, I'd watch something else.

Super Contributor

I have no problem with the hosts. I don't believe their decisions on how to dress or present is decided by them.  However, the powers that be are trying to appeal to the times we are in. Those that are blessed to be able to go to work, dress nice, make a nice salary is a blessing.  But, many are unable to work outside the home, or they have lost their jobs. Or just plain too mentally tired to put in the effort. Also, we have many here who are retired.  Personally, it would be odd for me to see them dressed up like we are all still going out to restaurants, traveling and going on vacations, visiting family, hanging out with girlfriends, going to movies, date night out, etc.  Sadly, that is not very safe right now. We are in tough times, many having no money to shop, but enjoy just watching the shows. My heart breaks for people now.  

For those who like to dress up, feeling positive and blessed; by all means do so. There is so much on QVC and other companies to purchase clothes that appeal to that side of you. Decisions for marketing had to be made, and pleasing everyone is impossible even before the pandemic.  I say, live and dress as you like and can afford. 

Esteemed Contributor

The days of really dressing up are gone and I do not think they are coming back anytime soon. I like super casual myself. I am working extraordinarily hard these days (from my home office) and, trust me, no one cares what I am wearing (my work involves support for the healthcare workforce). There are many things more important than dressing up. The hosts on Q are just reflecting the times. I think they would look silly if they were super dressed up.