Honored Contributor

Could responses to a post look different?

When reading where a discussion has had several comments in one box, it's difficult to see where one poster stopped snd the next one started.  It's just one block of continuance sentances!

Respected Contributor

Re: Could responses to a post look different?

Yes, I agree.  I often have a problem following who is posting which thought in those discussions.

Honored Contributor

It is hard to tell the difference.It seemed easier and clearer before the overhaul but I can't remember why.Well, thats neither here nor there as my mother would say.

When I have included a quote, I try to use a color or larger font. See the A up above where all the icons are? Click on the little arrow next to it and pick your colorSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It can look differnt you need to format it 

@ECBG wrote:

When reading where a discussion has had several comments in one box, it's difficult to see where one poster stopped snd the next one started.  It's just one block of continuance sentances!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

It can look differnt you need to format it 

@ECBG wrote:

@I am still oxox, @ECBG - I agree with you it can be difficult.  I try to take the time to change my font color which makes it easier to decipher.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

It is hard to tell the difference.It seemed easier and clearer before the overhaul but I can't remember why.Well, thats neither here nor there as my mother would say.

When I have included a quote, I try to use a color or larger font. See the A up above where all the icons are? Click on the little arrow next to it and pick your colorSmiley Happy

@on the bay   Woman LOL

Thank You ! I just learned something NEW  I always tried

clinking the but never tried the Arrow next to it !!    Woman Embarassed

It's like opening up a new box of Crayons !!

Honored Contributor

Oh dear!  All the colors make my eyeballs bleed.

But one problem that could be easily fixed is that a lot of people seem to quote a post and then they make their reply INSIDE the quote box, instead of below the quote box, where the cursor naturally falls.  

I guess I just don't understand why one would move the cursor up into the quote box so that their post looks like a continuation of the quoted poster's post.

I tend to blow on by the ones that are too bright, too large, or posted in all bolded (yelling).    

Honored Contributor

One other thing - I think the board should code quotes so that they come out italicized.  This is the exact purpose for italics - you use them to quote somebody. 

Don't get me started on when people actually italicize their own posts so you are left wondering - are you quoting somebody else or is this you talking?  But I digress...

I feel like I have to italicize posts that I quote to make clear that they are quotes and that what I type BELOW the quoted box is my reply.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

But one problem that could be easily fixed is that a lot of people seem to quote a post and then they make their reply INSIDE the quote box, instead of below the quote box, where the cursor naturally falls.  

I guess I just don't understand why one would move the cursor up into the quote box so that their post looks like a continuation of the quoted poster's post.

I tend to blow on by the ones that are too bright, too large, or posted in all bolded (yelling).    

I"ve had the cursor jump up into the quote box a few times.  Pretty sure it was something that I did but, if so, I don't know what it was.  Once it jumps into the quote box area, I haven't been able to get it out unless I cancel and start over again. .  

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I"ve had the cursor jump up into the quote box a few times.  Pretty sure it was something that I did but, if so, I don't know what it was.  Once it jumps into the quote box area, I haven't been able to get it out unless I cancel and start over again. .  

I think it's only respectful to cancel and start over if the cursor is being stubborn and won't move out of the quoted area.  Good for you, @scotnovel 

I find that switching between Rich Text and HTML might help when you want the cursor to move, but not always.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.