Respected Contributor

I bought that same dish at a resale shop last year for $10. 
And there was a lot of Corning Ware for less than that. 

Respected Contributor

There is no way they will sell that piece for over $600!  Probably they hope someone will think they are getting a great deal if they offer $100 and it's accepted!

On eBay I always look to see what people are actually bidding for items, and what others sold for!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Carmie   Wow!! I have that set plus several more pieces. I use them all the time & they look brand new!! I can't believe they're charging so much. Like I previously posted I purchased extra pieces from the Corning outlet for very cheap just last Spring.

@NicksmomESQ  Go to Ebay or 1stdibs and see what they are worth.  They have to have certain registration numbers, no cracks, no chips and lids in perfect condition.  If so, they are worth a lot of money.  I have the basic set that is valued at $1000 according to the registration numbers but there is a chip in one of mine and one of the lids was broken so they are valueless with them not being all there and not being in mint condition.  I wish they were.  

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I have 2 of the large cornflower blue and one spice of life casserole dishes.

The dishes are my moms from the 50s and the rest I bought off eBay but certainly not for that amount. Wow I would never spend that much. I think everything I bought was 10-20 bucks. 

Mine have never chipped and look brand new, I use them all the time. 

I have the smaller bowls with the handle which I use every day. I bought the cornflower teapot, pie plate, salt n pepper and a sugar bottle. The little white ramekins I use for cat water bowls and food. I love it all! 

I think of my mom when I use them. 

I think the cornflower teapot may be valuable but the spice is not.  It is only the cornflower blue that is valuable and not all of that.  It has to be of a certain registration and has to have all the lids and no cracks, no stains, and in almost brand new condition.  You can go to 1stdibs and see which ones are valued and if yours are, then you can try and sell them on 1stDibs or Ebay. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

I sold mine in my garage sale for two dollars each..lol

...and I bought 'em!

Hi neighbor!!

Esteemed Contributor

The age of the highly priced CorningWare pieces may be due to their age.  The following is a excerpt from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CorningWare

Discovery

In 1953 S. Donald Stookey of the Corning Research and Development Division discovered Pyroceram, a white glass-ceramic material capable of withstanding a thermal shock (sudden temperature change) of up to 450 K (840 °F), by accident.

He was working with photosensitive glass and placed a piece into a furnace planning on heating it to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. When he checked on his sample the furnace was at 900 degrees and the glass had turned milky white. He reached into the furnace with tongs to discard the sample and it slipped and hit the floor without shattering.[1]

The material was used in the ballistic missile program as a heat-resistant material for nose cones.[2]

Discontinuation

Production of the original Pyroceram based version of Corning Ware ceased in 2000[citation needed] and the brand was relaunched as a line of stoneware based bakeware in 2001.[3]

Corelle Brand's (then known as "World Kitchen") 2001 annual report indicated that the stove top and dinnerware product lines were halted at the end of the century "as part of a program designed to reduce costs through the elimination of under-utilized capacity, unprofitable product lines, and increased utilization of the remaining facilities."[2] Facilities in Charleroi, Pennsylvania and Clinton, Illinois were closed.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I donated all my Spice of Life last year when I cleaned out my cupbards...they still looked like new even though I used them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday   Very interesting. Most of my pieces are very old.They were my mom's. I bought several pieces last year in the Corning outlet store. Are they not authentic?  They look the same as my old pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie   I agree & now I wonder if what I purchased in the Corning outlet store was authentic? Then why was it so inexpensive?

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Carmie   I agree & now I wonder if what I purchased in the Corning outlet store was authentic? Then why was it so inexpensive?

Was yours the blue and white?  The market for collecting is very fickle.