Contributor

Re: Cooking with David and Mary shows

David seems to be an intelligent, thoughtful man.  I don't blame him or fault him for being bored.  How many times can you sell the same merchandise without being bored?  Yes, it's his job, but it's also the management's responsibility to give him something NEW to sell.  I've stopped watching ITKWD because I am bored with the repetitious nature of his show; I can't imagine how bored to death he must be!  For everyone who purchases a VitaMix, for example, I would think there are 20 who change the channel.  Don't know what it will take before management introduces new things for all of them to sell.  QVC appears to be more interested in new viewers than holding on to repeat customers.

Esteemed Contributor

(totally off topic)

OMG @Moonchilde, your use of  <snork>  . . .

I'm laughing so hard. 

There are tears falling from my eyes . . .

Honored Contributor

@GardeniaGal wrote:

David seems to be an intelligent, thoughtful man.  I don't blame him or fault him for being bored.  How many times can you sell the same merchandise without being bored?  Yes, it's his job, but it's also the management's responsibility to give him something NEW to sell.  I've stopped watching ITKWD because I am bored with the repetitious nature of his show; I can't imagine how bored to death he must be!  For everyone who purchases a VitaMix, for example, I would think there are 20 who change the channel.  Don't know what it will take before management introduces new things for all of them to sell.  QVC appears to be more interested in new viewers than holding on to repeat customers.

Your last sentence says it all. For all those who long for "the old days/ways" of QVC, it's just not going to happen. They are moving forward to (what they perceive as) their future. Only time will tell if the new customers kick in sufficiently before the old diehard customers kick the bucket. Those who cling to the TV shopping channel past are going to be ignored by the merchandisers.

There are so many other choices - other shopping channels, other online retailers, b&m stores. People do have choices.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge, 🤣

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I like David, I like Mary. I suppose there are only so many ways to present Temptations, Lock n' Lock, Vitamix, and the like.
Honored Contributor

Maybe David and Mary should have a funny show like Anything Goes with Rick and Shawn.

Valued Contributor

I am in agreement with some of these posts. David does seem bored, ( hope I spelled that right) and the Q definately needs to bring in new items. I can't remember the last time I watched a full ITKWD episode. I feel they should change host around, maybe it would be more interesting. IMO

Honored Contributor

It's not David's fault but if he sells as much as I think he sells, he should have some input on what he sells & how.  Back in 2015 a NYT article states he's sold $250million in products.

He's not a chef, he doesn't cook on his show, all of the items are presented by vendors.  It's a constant parade of MCM, Blue Jean Chef and all the vendors for the various food.   If left to his own devices, his "show" would be much more fun & interesting.

Respected Contributor

I love watching Mary, she is one of my favortie hosts right now regardless of what show she is doing. I have read other posts too where many other viewers enjoy her too.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't completely watch David, but switch there now and then.  At times I really feel sorry for him.  It's not his fault that QVC makes the line-up and expects him to sell, sell, sell.  And how many times do they tell him to go over colors.......that really gets tiresome.  I don't blame him for being bored!  So are we!

I don't think they should change hosts.  I think David deserves that show, just give him new products!!