Valued Contributor

I totally understand that when you return an item that you do not like and do not want to exchange it for another color or size, that you must pay to return it, either using your own shipping method or QVC's label. But what rationale is there for paying the initial shipping charges twice?

For example: I ordered an IM jacket and paid $5.50 initially to get it to me. It was not my cup of tea. I returned it. I did not want to try another size or color. Another $5.50 was immediately deducted from my refund, and $6.95 will be deducted from my account when the return is processed.

I am sorry, but this makes no sense. Can someone explain the logic of this? Does QVC think it gave me a deal when it 'only' charged me $5.50 to ship the jacket? Because guess what, in the same box was some face cream that I was charged $3.50 to ship!!!

I rarely return items, mostly exchange if there is an issue, but this was an eye opener. And I am confused and not happy.

Respected Contributor

You ended up paying the initial $5.50 shipping and the $6.95 return fee. Yes, it’s very expensive to try on clothes this way.

Honored Contributor

you were not charged an additional $5.50.....you just dont get the original $5.50 shipping charge back. yes, if you use the label you will be charged $6.95 for the return label fee. if you dont want to use it, you can try to find another way to return it where it will be cheaper.

so......it should cost you $5.50 (original shipping) plus $6.95 (return shipping using the QVC label.) this is why some people say it costs you $12.45 to "try something on."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@cotto22   I buy as little as possible outside of my local area, but I do seea QVC on my charge card every month because I always accept EZP when it's offered.  I have rarely ever bought clothes from QVC,  so that certainly eliminates lots of possible return isssues, but the one recent time I did have to make a return, I had to see with my pen and paper to figure out how much I had already paid them and what should be returned.

Because I was paying on EZP, I really hadn't paid all that much because the item I had purchased was already inexpensive. S&H to buy and return were more than my first payment, so what I got back was the remaining part of my second payment.   Yes, if I did that often I'd be acting against my best judgment, but I know if I enroll in Amazon, the way I shop nowadays, that costs even more.  

Honored Contributor

I don't understand OP's saying "another $5.50" was deducted??  

That is why I do not order any item unless I'm sure I will keep it and it is rarely for more than $30 so if I don't like it, I donate it.  

Buyer beware!

Honored Contributor

Maybe look at it this way:

You paid $5.50 to get the item shipped to you.  When you returned that item, QVC kept that $5.50 instead of giving it back to you.  You got back the price of the item and tax, which is their policy.  And you paid $6.95 to return it to them.

You paid another $3.50 for another item to be shipped to you because each item has a shipping and handling charge, regardless of whether it came in the same box as another item.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confusing return costs

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't understand OP's saying "another $5.50" was deducted??  

That is why I do not order any item unless I'm sure I will keep it and it is rarely for more than $30 so if I don't like it, I donate it.  

Buyer beware!

@kaydee50  it's only the original shipping of 5.50 and the return shipping of 6.95

@cotto22