I have been a QVC customer for 17 years. I have noticed that the high pressure sales tactics are now out of hand. Every 30 seconds you get an inventory update. The host trying to pressure you to buy before it sells out. Especially annoying is Shawn Killinger and Jane. You can barely get the facts about the product before you're pressured to buy it. if you have only 3 dozen left of something in a certain color why is that told before the product is presented?

I have ordered several items that were in stock when I ordered them. However, when it comes to shipping they are back ordered or stay in the in process status for weeks when during the presentation and currently they were in stock. Be honest during presentation if the item is back ordered. I think you dont becasue people would not buy it if they knew theyd have to wait several weeks for it.

Laslty, can we get more chef tools as opposed to kitched gadgets. I love the blue jean chef, dont know what happened to cooks essentials, but I would like higher end kitchen products. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Concerns about the channel

[ Edited ]

@KiminVa2020 

Yours is a common complaint and one of the reasons customers change the channel.

I have tolerance galore, but even I have had enough of it and don't watch much anymore.  

You can send your suggestions to feedback at the bottom of this page, but don't expect any changes...it appears QVC is desperate for sales.

Honored Contributor

All retailers are fighting for their collective lives to survive.  I just tune out the nonsense.  Dont watch certain hosts.  They use techniques that they've determined are effective.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

To me, the worst is David.  I stopped watching his Sunday show because of the incessant updating of colors/quantity remaining.  

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

All retailers are fighting for their collective lives to survive.  I just tune out the nonsense.  Dont watch certain hosts.  They use techniques that they've determined are effective.

@Kachina624  OMG, I agree but sometimes it gets to me.  Last night I got up to watch the pre-recorded presentation of the TSV.  The host was jumping up and down like a young excited child demanding attention. Unfortunately, it was harder to go back to sleep after watching some of this presentation. I wondered if the producer was encouraging these antics for increased sales.

Honored Contributor

I can remember several years ago when people complained that they were not informed that there was a limited supply of an item.  Now there are complaints when they do.  Woman Frustrated

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I guess its just the business. They are told what they have to do and do it. Doesnt matter either way...i love the Q...if i love something I am not waiting....learned the hard way on an Affinity ring for the TSV  ugh

Contributor

I agree. Jane, Amy and Shawn are the worst. Constantly telling us how many are left before describing the product or letting the guest describe it.

Respected Contributor

Oh no, that's Courtney's main job!

Respected Contributor

I agree with all the posters who are fed up with the high pressure sales, the "I bought five pairs in each color" nonsense, the constant repetition of colors ( we all have color sets and video today,do we not?) and most of all, the frantic, childish antics of the multiple salesfolk on the sets at one time....

the shrieking over the vendors, the over the top gushing about products ( was listeningt o HSN over night on the Kitchen Aid mixer presentation...the host, Shannon something, makes that surprised inhale sound and "woooo" sound every few  minutes at the vendor is explaining such mundane tasks are mashing 8 pound of potatoes....WOW....gasp!!!!...woo hooo!!!"

When you really LISTEN to it, its odd to say the least.

THEN....I remember that Qurate ( the parent company) also has (or had) a HUGE presence in Europe, where people are worried about the heat and power being shut off this winter, the cost of heat and power and food, that makes inflation and energy costs over here look like a walk in the park.

Somehow I don't think they are buying many Mark Charles snips or five pairs of family pajamas this year.

They are more worried about a nuclear attack and what they MUST be able to carry with them if they have to leave in a moment's notice. 

I bet Qurate is being totally held up right now by US sales....hence the enormous pressure to sell sell sell...

And...how many throws, cabin socks, nose hair trimmers , coffee cups and resin figures do we need?