Occasional Contributor

I absolutely hate when the hosts say "I have one in every color" espically if its a expensive item. Espically Carolyn Gracie and Jane Traecy. Sorry girls.

Honored Contributor

Since they often are given clothing items to wear prior to presentations they could.  If they really like it they might want one in every color.  I have many clothing items that I have in many colors and even duplicates of clothes that I like the fit so much that I buy many. 

Honored Contributor

@junejeff i never pay much attention to that.I think CG does purchase a lot from Q.She might be a black belt shopper for all I know.The hosts are well paid and can easily afford their purchases.....so if they say they have something I am sure they do.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@junejeff i never pay much attention to that.I think CG does purchase a lot from Q.She might be a black belt shopper for all I know.The hosts are well paid and can easily afford their purchases.....so if they say they have something I am sure they do.

@dex: What's a black belt shopper? I never heard that term before.  

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q someone who shops more than the average....this is my definition.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Diva on The Q someone who shops more than the average....this is my definition.

@dex: Oh, I get it. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm sure it's a sales tactic with some, but I truly believe Carolyn does have a lot of Q clothes. IMO, she's not like Amy or Shawn who's more about being trend-right and being influenced by Hollywood or social media influencers, but is more in line with who actually shops here.  I've also heard a couple of hosts on Evine say they own a certain item when selling it. But hearing hosts say they own things doesn't encourage me to buy. 

Honored Contributor

On the other hand, I've seen hosts comment that they need certain items.  For example, sometimes a host with Mark Charles will comment "I need one of these can openers".  Well, he has been presenting them for many years and convincing us to buy them, but a lot of the hosts don't order one.   (I use the jar opener all the time and glad I have it; the can opener hasn't been used much.)

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee - I'm the opposite: I use the can opener a couple times a week but the jar opener only about once a month or so...  Smiley Wink