Honored Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@rms1954 Spot on..anyone who dares to enter into the clique better hold on tight because the sharks will swarm with snarky unresponsive remarks. 

I hear that.  I give them no importance or EVER GIVE AN APOLOGY to the liking.

Esteemed Contributor

Would it be nice if they listed  where a product was made since some people do seem to care then I guess the answer is yes. My personal opinion is that it really does not matter to me. When i go into a B & M store, if I see at top, pants, or dress that I like I purchase, I am not looking at the tag to see where it's made. 

However, anytime I see these sorts of posts, and all of the people who say that they would purchase and spend a little more. I sort of smirk and here is the reason why. This past 4th of July, QVC had a TSV selling the Riveter purses. Made in America, by military wives. They only brought in a little over 7,000 purses and could not even sell out. 

I actually liked the story behind the purses, but I just did not find them attractive which is why I did not purchase. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 ....and others with positive, constructive comments....thank you.  No apologies to anyone...only sorry I took the time to post...those with negative minds come out of the woodwork.  To each his own...glad I don't look at things like that.  I started thread so prefer to stop it.

Esteemed Contributor

@walker - while I understand your line of thinking, QVC is certainly not the only company that lists products this way. Many others do the same thing. In fact, I was looking something up online a couple of days ago, and could not even find something that said "imported". Also, some products are manufactured and assembled in multiple countries.

Honored Contributor

@walker wrote:

@rms1954 ....and others with positive, constructive comments....thank you.  No apologies to anyone...only sorry I took the time to post...those with negative minds come out of the woodwork.  To each his own...glad I don't look at things like that.  I started thread so prefer to stop it.

Stop saying you're sorry.  Let them come.  I'll respect stopping it, even tho I think you should not.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't know who the 'clique' is. I read the thread but still don't know. It would be nice to have more made in America, but I don't have any factories around my area. They have been repurposed. Does anyone here have factories by them? We need those and we need workers, especially those who sew. Anyone have any ideas?