New Contributor

Cleaning Hardwood Floors - American Scrape

Would love a product from Campanelli cleaning supply/tools line (or other vendor) that would make dusting my "scraped" hardwood floors easier.  "American Scrape" hardwoods are becoming more popular however using a traditional microfiber mop head doesn't work since the floors are textured.  The fibers get stuck since the floors aren't smooth.  I'm sure a vendor can come up with something for textured floors.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning Hardwood Floors - American Scrape

@ DATB,
See QVC Item V34207
http://www.qvc.com/Don-Asletts-Set-of-3-Multi-purpose-Rubber-Brooms-with-Hand-Brush.product.V34207.h...

These are excellent and very versitile. Should do the job on your hardwood floors, and much more.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I don't think I would like that.  Any surface that is not smooth is difficult to clean.  Maybe just an old fashioned broom?    Or maybe you should just vacumn all the time, seems like that would pick up most.  I'm sure they are lovely floors though, good luck. 

Honored Contributor

My new floors are scraped as well but I don't have a problem cleaning them as far as things or fibers getting stuck in them.  I have a Libbman microfiber mop that has a spray container attached.  I just spray and go.  I do have to be careful though because most of the cleaning liquids make the floor streak so I pretty much use plain water or vinegar and water.  I also always make sure to go in the direction of the grain so it doesn't streak.  

Super Contributor

@DATB

I ordered a Hoover FloorMate from Costco online ($99, free shipping) which works like a carpet shampoo machine but for hardwood floors as I have a lot of tile.  They are also available at Home Depot and Lowe's for higher price.  My sister has one and suggested it.  Friend has a Hahn floor steamer which she loves and says she tosses pads in washer.  Both items clean hardwood floors.