Occasional Contributor

Please, please no more christmas shows  in summer ! It is disgusting to make this special holiday  a commercial  event . It actually sickens me !

Trusted Contributor

@unter der laterne wrote:

Please, please no more christmas shows  in summer ! It is disgusting to make this special holiday  a commercial  event . It actually sickens me !

@unter der laterne What sickens me is when people have such sad, empty lives that they are actually emotionally, and apparently physically, effected by the programming on the home shopping channel.  I hope if I ever become that invested in watching home shopping that a loved one puts a pillow over my face while I'm sleeping, because there's a big difference between living and existing.  People need to start realizing that all these threads complaining about too many CIJ shows are just humiliating, public declarations that their lives no longer have any meaning.

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@unter der laterne wrote:

@unter der laterne What sickens me is when people have such sad, empty lives that they are actually emotionally, and apparently physically, effected by the programming on the home shopping channel.  I hope if I ever become that invested in watching home shopping that a loved one puts a pillow over my face while I'm sleeping, because there's a big difference between living and existing.  People need to start realizing that all these threads complaining about too many CIJ shows are just humiliating, public declarations that their lives no longer have any meaning.

WOW!  ARen't you nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, my - I hate CIJ, but I didn't know I was in such bad shape. Bummer.

Honored Contributor

This is a constant complaint every single year. 

Once QVC starts with x-mas in July programming, they are full steam ahead with holiday programming and it won't stop until they can no longer ship in time for x-mas.  By the time the actualy holiday gets here, there is no more holiday programming.  LOL

They did a lot of x-mas programming in July and more days than just the typical x-mas in July around the 24th and 25th.  But from then on, the 25th of every month is typically holiday only programming and there will be other days sprinkled throughout the months.  Pretty soon show names will all be changed to gift shows.      

Respected Contributor

@unter der laterne But QVC is a RETAIL BUSINESS...they exist to sell things. They are not in business to cater to our beliefs.

Respected Contributor

I love the Christmas shows. Gives me a chance to plan ahead. 

Trusted Contributor

I think those who love Christmas really don't mind CIJ!!  I am one of those people!  I do know people who say they do not like Christmas and thats o.k. they may have their reasons but when it gets to be the end of November when some  say "now it's o.k. to talk about and do Christmas shopping" the time goes by so quickly that it is a let down for people like me!  I enjoy the early shopping and the slow build-up to make it last longer!!   Woman Wink

Contributor

As long as there are buyers, there will be shows. They sell a buhzillion items in these CIJ shows.

Regular Contributor

I have been viewing fewer and fewer shows.  Now that the full Christmas in every month shows are on I will be viewing even less.  I know some people love Christmas and go overboard with decorating -- I am not one of those people.  The holidays cannot come and go fast enough.  BAH HUMBUG