Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas programming…disgusted

@Moonie    I find your rant strange when nearly every church in my neighborhood is also selling gifts to raise  $$$ for their programs.  

Respected Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

For those that want the "cooking/baking with hosts" segments, QVC still has those types of videos.  They are streaming on QVC Plus now.

There's a lot of hosts with videos on there.  Kim Gravel's podcast is available.  They even have a bunch of videos with Santa Claus. (For real)

Kathy Levine has a video reading "A Cup Of Christmas Tea".

The old "Basics with Blue Jean Chef" videos they used to play over and over on Christmas can be found on her website and QVC's YouTube channel.

QVC no longer sponsors the West Chester Christmas Parade so, unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Screenshot_20221225-223448.png

Screenshot_20221225-223800.png

Screenshot_20221225-223822.png

Screenshot_20221225-225758_kindlephoto-8881333.png

Screenshot_20221225-224823_kindlephoto-8309854.png

Many seniors do not want to go to a streaming service, We wanted the programming on the main QVC channel. I refuse to order a streaming service.

Honored Contributor

@Reever @I was able to see these shows right here. Look on the QVC Menu. You can view them. It's free.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@MezzieStarr wrote:

For those that want the "cooking/baking with hosts" segments, QVC still has those types of videos.  They are streaming on QVC Plus now.

There's a lot of hosts with videos on there.  Kim Gravel's podcast is available.  They even have a bunch of videos with Santa Claus. (For real)

Kathy Levine has a video reading "A Cup Of Christmas Tea".

The old "Basics with Blue Jean Chef" videos they used to play over and over on Christmas can be found on her website and QVC's YouTube channel.

QVC no longer sponsors the West Chester Christmas Parade so, unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Screenshot_20221225-223448.png

Screenshot_20221225-223800.png

Screenshot_20221225-223822.png

Screenshot_20221225-225758_kindlephoto-8881333.png

Screenshot_20221225-224823_kindlephoto-8309854.png

Many seniors do not want to go to a streaming service, We wanted the programming on the main QVC channel. I refuse to order a streaming service.

senior does not preclude watching a streaming channel

Valued Contributor

I'm not understanding why your disgusted with QVC's programming. QVC is a business, nothing more. I mean, I'm sure that your not disgusted with your local grocery store or department store for not having family time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

Sorry it makes you " disgusted", but QVC is a retail business, not an entertainment channel.  With all the talk about they are doing financially right now, they are doing the right thing by driving sales.   There are plenty of other channels showing holiday programs.  

I agree, I for one don't want to see qvc Christmas shows they used to do. Don't  care about their families, their recipes,  and most importantly don't want to be read to. I watch qvc to shop, nothing else

@willomenia  Agree.  The "We're one big happy family" days back in the day worked, but not anymore.  We hear enough about their families and vacations on air as it is.  This year's programming hasn't bother me in the least.  I have been enjoying the Hallmark movies and Murder, She Wrote DVDs I got from the library!    

@walkingal 

Not sure if your stream, but Murder She wrote is streamed for free, all 12 seasons on Freevee which is part of Amazon and the Roku station. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever 

Completely your choice and others, but if you refuse, which is your right to not move along with the times, then you are stuck with what you have.

Complaining should be kept to a minimum because free options are available for  you to view the QVC programming that you miss.

Since you are communicating to us via a computer (assumption), then you have Internet service which is all that you need to stream and watch the  QVC/HSN APP which offers a lot of options.

Respected Contributor

@eyeron wrote:

@Moonie I'm just wondering if you shop on QVC on Yom Kippur? Or do you refrain from watching/buying out of respect.... After all it's a very high holy holiday for the Jewish people. 

Excellent point.  Well said.

Respected Contributor

How very woke of you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wondering...what is "woke"?

Trusted Contributor