Contributor

Christmas Decor Disappointment

I know everyone has their own opinion and taste, but I for one am very disappointed in the QVC set during the holidays.   The use of all the "cool" colors and minimal decor. although very trendy, leaves me sad.  I miss the days of a fireplace burning and warm and cozy decor during their presentations.  But, as I said, it's all a matter of personal taste.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Decor Disappointment

I agree, @rhine ...I would think people doing holiday shopping would respond best to a cozy, "Halmark Christmas movie style" set to inspire potential customers to open their wallets and have the desire to create similar "feelings" in their own homes and lives.  I think they really miss the mark in this area.  

The sets look cheap and boring.

Trusted Contributor

Like we all,have said everything about QVC is stale.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I kind of like the colors and sizes of the ornaments on the trees....but, I'm also a traditional decor person, so I do miss the warm, cozy sets QVC use to do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Said this previously, but I'll repeat since not everyone comes here everyday.

I dislike seeing Easter colors used by companies at Christmas.  It's a real turnoff for me.  Red, green, gold, and silver, have always been the traditional colors of Christmas. 

QVC failed this year and yes colors have a lot to do with it.  

There are many more serious things to be concerned about than what colors QVC is using, but if all retailers used these colors in the future, those colors might become associated with Christmas, permanently replacing red and green.  For me, it would be like changing the colors of the U.S. flag from red to pink, dark blue to light blue.  

For those thinking I'm overreacting...this is how culture is  changed.  No one says anything...nipping the changes in the bud early on before they take root.