Regular Contributor

This change is direct from the government.  I talked with the post master general on just this issue.. The change was put in effect so that  post offices wouldn't fail and to keep them  revelant in the world of package shipping.

Each package UPS  transferrs to the USPS gives the Post Office $3.50 off the shipping rate lable.  QVC,HSN,AMAZON --no mater who ships the package the double label with the UPS tracking info on the top and the USPS tracking info on the bottom generates funds to the Government to keep Post Office's running in a time we really don't need them anymore.  It's a terrible change because, like always, the US Post Offices don't care about the condition of your package, that the mail comes at different times of the day to your box or if someone steals it from your mailbox, the last thing the could care less about is if it takes weeks or months to track a lost package.

The only way to get direct -to the door shipping from UPS is to pay the extra rate when checking out.

Respected Contributor

@goldreich27 wrote:

This change is direct from the government.  I talked with the post master general on just this issue.. The change was put in effect so that  post offices wouldn't fail and to keep them  revelant in the world of package shipping.

Each package UPS  transferrs to the USPS gives the Post Office $3.50 off the shipping rate lable.  QVC,HSN,AMAZON --no mater who ships the package the double label with the UPS tracking info on the top and the USPS tracking info on the bottom generates funds to the Government to keep Post Office's running in a time we really don't need them anymore.  It's a terrible change because, like always, the US Post Offices don't care about the condition of your package, that the mail comes at different times of the day to your box or if someone steals it from your mailbox, the last thing the could care less about is if it takes weeks or months to track a lost package.

The only way to get direct -to the door shipping from UPS is to pay the extra rate when checking out.

I disagree.  IMO, we still need the Post Office.  Apparently others agree as evidenced by a long line nearly every time I need to do something at the service desk.   Others besides me make use of the Post Office.