New Contributor

Hi, QVC.  I noticed that somewhere after the holiday season ended, my "UPS" packages have been coming from UPS SurePost, which is a hybrid delivery model, starting out UPS and ending up being delivered by the post office.  Is this going to be a continuing model for this year?

For some people I'm sure it makes no difference, to me, it does.  UPS delivers right to my front door, while USPS shoves mail and packages into my very tiny condo-size mailbox, about 4" square and 10" deep.  My clothing that I've paid good money for from QVC wind up all squished and wrinkled by the time I get them, and I'm not paying any different price for the priviledge of shipping this way.

Please go back to the old, straight UPS delivery method.

Esteemed Contributor

@PLA507 wrote:

Hi, QVC.  I noticed that somewhere after the holiday season ended, my "UPS" packages have been coming from UPS SurePost, which is a hybrid delivery model, starting out UPS and ending up being delivered by the post office.  Is this going to be a continuing model for this year?

For some people I'm sure it makes no difference, to me, it does.  UPS delivers right to my front door, while USPS shoves mail and packages into my very tiny condo-size mailbox, about 4" square and 10" deep.  My clothing that I've paid good money for from QVC wind up all squished and wrinkled by the time I get them, and I'm not paying any different price for the priviledge of shipping this way.

QVC has been using Surepost for over a year now, and it looks like it's here to stay.

I think that there are times when you are checking out, that there is a drop down menu box, where you can choose to use UPS. Of course, it'll cost you more to ship that way though.

Honored Contributor

@PLA507 wrote:

I still get a variety of UPS and USPS deliveries. Most of my QVC packages get UPS to the door, but if I only order a single shirt, it goes through USPS. Two pairs of jeans I ordered came UPS and landed on the front door. I live in an apartment and USPS either stuffs things into my small mail box or leaves them in the complex office. If they are left in the complex office, I may not see them for days because the office closes before I get home from work and is only open on Saturday, not Sunday.

New Contributor

Any thought to a membership program like Amazon Prime for us frequent customers?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I seem to be getting packages from Sure-Post  or the FedEx USPS equivalent from most of the places I shop except Amazon.  It adds at least a day,  sometimes longer,  to the shipping time and we pay a lot for second rate service. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They've been using Surepost for quite some time.  Where I live, sometimes the Postal Carrier brings it and sometimes UPS delivers it.  It's my understanding that it's up to UPS to decide which way......probably depends on what else they have being delivered in your area that day.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I have had them change the shipping where instead of going to the post office, they will send it UPS because something else is being delivered my way that day. The only thing is, I see the UPS truck go by every single day so I would think that would always be the case. But they have been using this method for sometime now and I also hate it. Things take so much longer! But I put up with it because I'm not going to pay more to get it delivered quicker. Shipping is high enough as it is.

Trusted Contributor

@PLA507 wrote:

Any thought to a membership program like Amazon Prime for us frequent customers?

Amazon uses this service as well.  In fact, I live less than five miles from one Amazon warehouse, less than 30 from another, less than 60 from another, and less than 120 from a fourth, and my packages from Amazon (even the closest one) may come via USPS, UPS, FedE, UPS SurePost, the FedEx equivalent of SurePost, or yet another carrier.

The fact is that retailers will ship the least expensive way (for them) in almost all cases.  Just because some of us can be impatient or do not understand logistics really says nothing about the retailer but more about us.  Since neither QVC nor Amazon or any other retailer is shipping me something that is vital to life or a true necessity, I thik I can wait the extra day that SurePost ads to the delivery time if it keeps costs down.

Honored Contributor

I got this from an Internet news service today.  Sounds like shipping is going to increase, or at least merchants will have an excuse to increase it.

January 2016 USPS Rate Changes

On January 17th, 2016, the U.S. Postal Service will implement a postage rate increase for most mail classes. For your convenience, the Stamps.com software will be updated automatically to reflect the new rates. However, if you print from the downloadable software you will need to update to the latest version – Stamps.com version 13.3 – in order to take advantage of the new First-Class Package pricing structure. Click here to upgrade to Stamps.com Version 13.3. If you print from the website, all features are available automatically.

Notable Changes:

• The First-Class Package weight limit will be increased from 13 ounces to 15.999 ounces.
  • The USPS will be discontinuing the following services:
    • Priority Mail Express Flat Rate Boxes
    • Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate Boxes
    • Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C
    • Priority Mail International Regional Rate Box C
    • Critical Mail
  • All Priority Mail International shipments, except Small Flat Rate Boxes and Flat Rate Envelopes, will automatically receive USPS insurance at no additional charge. The insurance provided will be based on the contents of the package, which is selected when completing the customs form.
    • Documents will receive $100 of USPS insurance.  
    • Everything else will receive $200 of USPS insurance. 
  • Parcel Select will be renamed to Parcel Select Ground.
  • Unrelated to the USPS rate change we will also be introducing new Customs Formsand will be making slight adjustments to Stamps.com International Insurance.

Please note that the price for postcards and letters will not be changing.

The following tables show the rate change based on the discounted rates–called "Commercial Base Pricing"– available to all Stamps.com subscribers

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I always like UPS myself and that's what I've always chose before. To my door is better than to my mailbox any day.

But last week I ordered myself something, then the next morning I ordered the same exact thing shipped to my friend.   Mine was UPS and hers was USPS.  Her's showed up first.  It's always a mystery to me.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*