Contributor

Once again, the Corporate Executives at QVC have shot themselves in the foot.  If I were a stockholder, I would be looking at the decisions of those Executives; perhaps that is where the problem lies.  Were the fourth quarter sales so bad that hundreds of employees are paying the price for their bad decisions.  Carolyn and Dan were too intelligent and such class acts in the midst of the "circus" QVC has become.  Incredible!  

Frequent Visitor

i agree completely..In my opinion and certainly that of many..they need to either seperate Courtney and Jane or let Jane go..I find her so offensive..immature and down right foolish...shawn is not far behind..the "class act" qvc used to have is no longer there..When I turn on qvc usually evenings and their on I turn to another channel..I don't care if tbey were giving something away..cannot listen to their nonsense..Not really familiar with Dan because of time frame of his shows but Carolyn was a great..honest host..

Honored Contributor

@Daffney .............Since you put this in the suggestion box what is your suggestion?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

If you would like your voice to be heard go to the bottom of this page & click on "Feedback". You can leave your comments there & they will be passed along to the management.   I left an "Extremely Dissatisfied" post there yesterday.  I may leave another today.  Carolyn was there best host.  They really made a big mistake with that decision and as far as sales---her items always sell a lot when she's on.  They just prefer to keep the younger people who make less. Typical.  I'm not ordering anymore--period. 

Super Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Daffney .............Since you put this in the suggestion box what is your suggestion?

The suggestion is that the stockholders should be looking at the actions of the executives. That may be where the problem lies. In other words....bad decisions being made at the top and they need to be held accountable.

Contributor

Exactly as stated if you are a stockholder which apparently you are not.

Honored Contributor

@mspemberley ............Thank you for your reply.  I did not understand there was a suggestion just a complaint.  I did not read between the lines I guess.

Honored Contributor

@Daffney .........Since I ask the question I am taking your response is directed at me.  You are correct I am not a stockholder whatever difference that makes.  I read your post as a complaint and I went back and re-read it and there was a vague hint at a suggestion and I misinterpreted it.

Contributor

couldn't agree more! how about saving some money by putting a stop to the circus side-show, e.g., Jane & Courtney, Shawn & Courtney - one host will due, no need to pay 2.

Respected Contributor

Re: Carolyn and Dan

[ Edited ]

@Daffney 

were the sales that bad?

YES.

Qurates stock dropped almost SEVENTY percent last year.

Look where it is THIS year ( just put QRTEA in your search bar) . YIKES!!!!

Now imagine if that was  in YOUR retirement account.

They HAD to do something, and I bet it's not over yet.

If they DIDN'T, one day we'll turn on QVC and the screen will be black.

Technology is going to put  staff out to pasture too. You know your local news casts? they are mostly standing in front of a tripod mounted laptop, or even a cell phone.

No more guy with a giant camera and a sound truck full of equipment.