Regular Contributor

Cancer support great but others deserve help too

[ Edited ]

How about tackling depression or mental health in general, it kills as well.

It should not be so hidden in this day .. Let's get money going to this cause, we alreagy have so much cancer support, can we spread the help???

I am not against helping Cancer research but there are so many other causes not covered, and mental health especially is a cause millions sturrggle with.

Qvc could make a big differrence..

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer support great but others deserve help too

I agree that money needs to be raised for other diseases.  Auto Immune diseases are not curable and can cause death.  Mental Health is another area that could use money.  Be the company that makes a break thru.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

There are so many causes that desperately need support, more than could be accommodated even with a new one every day. 

Instead of Q doing a particular cause I'd love to see a program like Amazon Smile where a (very small) percentage of a customer's order total goes to a charity registered with Amazon that the customer selects.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@darlight wrote:

How about tackling depression or mental health in general, it kills as well.

It should not be so hidden in this day .. Let's get money going to this cause, we alreagy have so much cancer support, can we spread the help???

I am not against helping Cancer research but there are so many other causes not covered, and mental health especially is a cause millions sturrggle with.

Qvc could make a big differrence..

As someone who has dealt with depression since childhood, I agree that more needs to be done about mental health.

However, I can understand why a company like QVC would avoid doing an event for mental health, as so many people still think that depressed people are just lazy, and people who commit suicide are selfish.  Things shouldn't be that way, but lots of people think like that and QVC probably isn't willing to turn off a large part of their customer base by having a mental-health fundraiser.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

I think a company kind of gets between a rock and a hard place with 'charity' functions. They want to do them, both because they care and because it is good for business.

But too many causes hurts the bottom line and gets to be too much for the customers. So I think many simply choose cancer as it is such a broad umbrella, that everyone has been affected by in some way at some time, and the most customers will relate to supporting it.

Honored Contributor

Help for other diseases also,

Image result for share word pic

Honored Contributor

No matter what QVC does, people aren't going to be happy.  SMH